What is RiskHorizon™?
RiskHorizon™, designed and developed by Anthesis, is a purpose-made tool for use in the investment due diligence process. It is specifically aimed at helping legal advisors, investors, finance professionals and deal makers identify the material ESG risks and opportunities at an early stage of the deal cycle and take full account of the relevant issues throughout the transaction lifecycle.
It is a groundbreaking, cost-effective, web-based tool spanning millions of data points from more than 175 countries, covering 30+ global risks (Economic, Environmental, Technical, Social, Geo-Political).
Why should you use RiskHorizon™?
RiskHorizon™ facilitates early screening across a range of legacy and future ESG risk scenarios to model the risk and opportunity landscape in the transaction, so that they can be subsequently evaluated during due diligence. RiskHorizon™ output is displayed in an online dashboard, that provides the user with:
- The ability to identify potential ESG risk exposure via two pathways: by industrial sector and/or geographical region;
- A graphical display of potential ESG risk areas to help define the technical scope of the diligence effort and ensure that the proper advisors are retained;
- Built-in and customizable questions to further evaluate materiality of each risk within the context of the target acquisition. Actual risk levels can be adjusted based upon measures and or management systems the target has in place to manage their exposure;
- Executive summary input screen to prioritize findings, make recommendations, and call out next steps including free-form text fields to summarize professional opinions; and
- Flexible reporting that enables both online review and hard-copy printing.
We recommend using RiskHorizon™ in two distinct stages during the due diligence process:
- Immediately after the Investment Committee decision to proceed with the diligence effort, and
- once the dataroom is made available, resume the evaluation process and conduct the full ESG screen.
The six overall steps to be followed are:
- Risk Screening
- Impact Evaluation
- Compile List of Measures
- Cost Benefit Analysis
How is RiskHorizon™ different and superior to competitors?
- RiskHorizon™ is market-leading. No other tool in the marketplace leads to identifying global ESG risk factors for you.
- It puts you in control and gives you the insights on how local and global disruptions to supply and operations could affect the target company or its sites.
- It supports horizon scanning activities – monitoring the externalities to help set strategic priorities and to achieve cost efficiencies. Through the use of RiskHorizon™ you can identify how you can mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities across different time horizons to achieve cost efficiencies.