Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
EU driven ESOS provides a structured basis to identify and realise cost savings for large organizations
ESOS is a mandatory assessment scheme in the UK, requiring large organizations to undertake energy efficiency audits every four years. ESOS is driven by the EU Energy Efficiency Directive (EED) so there are equivalent schemes across all EU member states. The scheme incorporates all organizational energy consumption from buildings, industrial processes and transport.
Anthesis worked with over 60 organizations to gain compliance with ESOS Phase 1 and has an excellent track record of delivering comprehensive and cost effective solutions. Our expertise in providing robust energy efficiency measures allows us to go beyond simply ticking a box and makes the most of the ESOS opportunity.
We work with you to find the fastest and most suitable route to compliance, and we’ll project manage the entire program so you can focus on your business operations.
To find out more about ESOS and the EED, download our guide to compliance.
Over 10,000 businesses, charities and trusts in the UK are eligible for ESOS. There are some exceptions but the primary inclusion criteria applies to all UK enterprises that:
- Employ over 250 people
- Have an annual turnover in excess of €50m (£35m) and a balance sheet in excess of €43m (£30m)
The deadline for ESOS Phase 2 is 5th December 2019. In order to comply, a 12 month period of energy consumption covering the qualification date of the 31st December 2018 is required for review. The Environment Agency has the power to issue fines of £50,000 for failure to comply.
Our approach to ESOS
We apply a straightforward four stage approach to ensure that real benefit is derived from the ESOS process. We will propose tangible carbon and cost reductions that considerably outweigh the cost of the compliance process.
- We have significant experience and supported 60 organizations during Phase 1
- Carbon and cost reductions that outweigh the cost of the compliance process
- Implementation of accurately costed recommendations
- Support with access to funding streams
- Potential reimbursement of compliance programme cost on implementation of the energy conservation measures (subject to project investment)
What our Clients have said
“Working with Anthesis gave us the opportunity to focus on more than just the obvious, large scale energy opportunities and bring in a high level of technical expertise that we simply didn’t have in house. We have thoroughly enjoyed working with Anthesis and look forward to continuing to work with them on bringing our buildings up to the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards.”
– James Tiernan - Energy Manager at Unite Students
“We selected Anthesis because of their competitive pricing and knowledgeable staff, who gave us confidence in their energy expertise.”
– Patrick Griffiths - Commercial Director at Nagel Langdons
“From initial contact through to final sign off the service we have received from Anthesis has been fantastic – Incredibly helpful and patient, they have guided us through this process expertly.”
– Catherine Hodgson – CSR Manager for Euromonitor International
“As with previous projects Anthesis has managed our expectations well, has been easily contactable for additional support and has helped to deliver a first class piece of work that has added value to Belron.”
– Justin Bazalgette - Head of CSR Measurement and Environmental Efficiency at Belron