A heat pump is a device that transfers thermal energy from an external source, such as the ground or air, to provide heating and hot water to a building.
For every single unit of electrical energy that goes into a heat pump three or more units of heat energy result.
There are a number of benefits to installing heat pumps in your energy system, including:
- Improved Efficiency: Heat pumps are highly efficient. By reducing your reliance on traditional heating sources, you will essentially be getting the same amount of heat for less money. A standard Ground Source Heat pump has an efficiency of around 400% compared to around 80% for a high efficiency boiler
- Improved Price Stability: Installing a Heat Pump reduces your exposure on unstable energy prices. Whilst energy prices are predicted to rise your buildings will be far less affected than those with conventional heating systems
- Low environmental impact: Heat Pumps generate no onsite exhaust gasses which means that the environmental impact of your site will be greatly reduced
- Improved Safety: Heat Pumps utilise no volatile or combustible substances so there are less health and safety risks when the system starts to age
- An off-grid option: Heat pumps use electricity as their fuel so they are suitable in situations where mains gas is not available
- Government subsidy: The installation of heat pumps is also covered by the Renewable Heat Incentive so you may be eligible for funding
Our engineers are able to design, specify, install and optimize air, ground, water or gas absorption heat pumps to supplement the energy systems of private and public sector organizations.
Our Services Include:
- Performance health checks and verification
- Options appraisals, feasibility studies and investment case modelling
- Design and performance specification
- Procurement and installation