ESOS is a mandatory assessment scheme in the UK, requiring large organisations to undertake energy efficiency audits every four years. ESOS is the UK’s interpretation of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive (EED) so there are equivalent schemes across all EU member states. The scheme incorporates all organisational energy consumption from buildings, industrial processes and transport.
ESOS phase 2 compliance
You need to comply with ESOS if your UK operations meet either of the following criteria on the qualification date of 31st December 2018:
- Employs more than 250 people
- Has an annual turnover in excess of €50m and a balance sheet over €43m
If you have operations throughout Europe we can develop a consolidated EED approach, identifying opportunities that can be rolled out across your organisation to gain maximum benefit from the compliance process.
We view ESOS as an opportunity to assists our clients in achieving their corporate objectives, not just a tick box compliance exercise. Through a straightforward four stage approach we ensure that real benefit is derived from the ESOS process, proposing tangible carbon and cost reductions that considerably outweigh the cost of the compliance process.
Why work with Anthesis?
- Our team has significant experience of detailed building energy audits, and supported over 60 organisations during ESOS phase 1.
- Carbon and cost reductions that considerably outweigh the cost of the compliance process
- Implementation of accurately costed recommendations
- Support with access to funding streams
- Potential reimbursement of compliance programme cost on implementation of the measures
Start your compliance journey now
To comply with ESOS a 12 month period of energy consumption, incorporating 31st December 2018, is required for review.