Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients, across seventeen countries. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class leaders who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for an Associate Director to support our growing Advisory & Communications (A&C) team, which supports Anthesis’ global offerings by bringing innovative sustainability solutions to clients. As part of the A&C team, your role will be client-facing and you will be providing clients with actionable insights to inform their sustainability strategy, goal setting, program implementation and reporting and communications activities. This includes the full scope of sustainability topics organizations may face, environmental, social and governance, from operations to supply chain.
Your projects and clients will span across a diverse set of industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands, and require engagement with clients, their suppliers, and their various stakeholders (employees, investors, associations and NGOs) around the world.
- Identify client challenges and propose solutions,
- Create new value streams for clients,
- Initiate leading edge and innovative scopes of work, to ensure financial success,
- Lead proposals and contract negotiations,
- Ensure accountabilities for quality management and monitor quality,
- Identify opportunities with new or existing clients, and
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior team members.
Service Area/Solution/ Team Management
- Own an existing service area, evolve and expand it to meet market demand,
- Ensures sufficient team competency and tools in area of responsibility to profitably meet market demand,
- Identify new approaches and services that solves existing and emerging sustainability challenges that our clients face,
- Responsible for financial and strategic success for relevant aspects of the business,
- Identify, select and manage teams in service of client projects,
- Mentors staff, takes an active role in developing staff, participates in recruitment, and
- Identifies and delivers thought leadership opportunities, including presenting at conferences, on webinars, writing blogs, white papers, and participating in leading forums, etc.
- Experience creating and implementing business models and processes that integrate sustainability principles into business value proposition,
- Experience applying change management techniques to progress sustainability practices – deploying financial, capital, and supply chain planning, and operational change blueprinting,
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience providing corporate sustainability support in some or all of the following:
- Materiality assessment,
- Strategy development,
- Strategic goal setting and KPI selection on priority environment and social topics, including climate and carbon (e.g. Science-based Targets)
- Risk management and opportunity assessment,
- Sustainability/ ESG reporting using leading frameworks e.g., GRI, SASB, Integrated Reporting and TCFD,
- Response to key ESG surveys, inquiries and ratings agencies e.g., CDP, DJSI, EcoVadis, MSCI, JUST and others,
- Supply chain engagement on sustainability topics, or
- Other relevant work.
- Competency at building relationships across functions within client organizations to enable opportunities for improvement and expanding our scope of services.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who wants to contribute to, and flourish, in a team working at the leading edge of sustainability.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.
Remuneration Range: $120-$150K USD/ $135-$150 CND
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents, as well as a FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
- Pay 100% of the cost of short‐term and long‐term disability insurances.
- Pay 100% of the cost of life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Retirement savings plan to assist in planning for your retirement. Anthesis provides 3% Safe Harbor contribution and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.