Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face, and Target, and supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 1,000+ experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines, and the Middle East.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people, and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions, and enhancing our culture. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated Associate Director to support our growing Climate Change and Energy service offerings. Your role will be client-facing and focus on the innovative management of companies’ carbon emissions. You will own market-leading projects to establish science-based and net-zero targets, grounded in climate action plans that drive emissions reductions across internal operations and the value chain.
Your projects and clients will span multiple industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands, and require engagement with clients, and their suppliers, around the world.
- 10+ years’ experience in delivering carbon management projects, either in-house or in a consultancy environment
- Substantive experience in relevant accounting, reporting and target setting standards, especially GHG Protocol and SBTi
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
- Strong communication and consulting skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment
- Able to work on virtual teams across different time zones
Our ideal candidate will be someone who really wants to flourish in a technical analytics environment at the leading edge of sustainability.
Opportunities from Working at Anthesis
- Experience of working in a fast-paced sustainability consultancy.
- Chance to apply your skills and knowledge to support our work with leading companies, impacting their strategy, programs and purpose.
- Work with an international team with operations in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
- Interesting, challenging and rewarding work across sectors and organizations.
- On-the-job training and coaching.
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents, as well as a FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
- Pay 100% of the cost of short‐term and long‐term disability insurances.
- Pay 100% of the cost of life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Retirement savings plan to assist in planning for your retirement. Anthesis provides 3% Safe Harbor contribution and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.