Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face, and Target, and supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together over 1,000 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines, and the Middle East.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people, and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions, and enhancing our culture. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Summary of Role:
We are looking to recruit a Director for the Operations Lead for our Sustainable Production and Consumption Practice. The successful candidate will have an outstanding track record of helping consulting firm(s) optimize delivery with a focus on sustainable products, packaging, LCA, resource recovery and/or circularity.
In support of the Sustainable Production and Consumption Practice, primary responsibilities include:
- Managing the Practice operational and financial performance
- Contributing to the Practice strategy and business plan in coordination with the Practice Lead
- Providing clear leadership and direction to the Services Leaders and Project Managers within the Practice
- Managing Practice resources with particular attention to recruitment, retention and the establishment of robust succession plans
- Demonstrable leadership ability; proven experience leading teams and coaching and mentoring
- Proven experience in all aspects of operational management including project management in a professional services firm
- Compassionate and inspiring line manager
- Able to drive operational effectiveness, leading to operational excellence
- Excellent client and project manager
- 10+ years experience leading projects related to sustainability: sustainable products, life cycle analysis, sustainable packaging, circular business models or waste and resource recovery
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide robust evidence to underpin business decisions
- Adept at managing internal and external relationships
Knowledge, Education and Desired Qualifications:
- Previous background in sustainability
- Role model for company values
- Curious, globally minded, and enthusiastic
- Organized, methodical, and analytical
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment
- Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative
- Well presented with a professional manner to act as a brand ambassador which flexes and is appropriate for the specific client environment and circumstances
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account) benefit (US only)
- Anthesis provides 100% Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance benefit.
- In addition, Anthesis covers 100% of Short & Long‐Term Disability Insurance benefits.
- Anthesis provides a 3% contribution into retirement plans, and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.
- Anthesis provides Employee Assistance Program and Travel Insurance
- Annual allotment of PTO, in addition to 56 hours of sick leave, paid company paid holidays, and more.
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company.
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team.
- Work collaboratively on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients.
- Opportunity to work alongside of, collaborate with and learn from sustainability Subject Matter Experts (SME) who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have