Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face, and Target, and supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together over 1,000 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines, and the Middle East.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people, and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions, and enhancing our culture. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Summary of Role:
To meet the high demand for our packaging sustainability expertise from North America and global clients, we are looking to recruit a Service Line Leader for our Sustainable Packaging Service Line at the Associate Director/Director level. The successful candidate will have an outstanding track record of helping companies develop more sustainable packaging (e.g. less hazardous materials, better recyclability, more circular business models), as well as having a clear understanding of new packaging development.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who wants to flourish in a technical analytics environment at the leading edge of sustainability. You will have a relevant background in sustainable packaging development, and recent experience integrating sustainability features/performance into packaging, and preferably business development experience around packaging sustainability (e.g. responding to specific market demand for a more sustainable packaging and/or selling packaging sustainability services to clients). You will be expected to keep abreast of changing packaging sustainability market, regulatory, and technology developments, and implement strategic and tactical initiatives in response to emerging opportunities. An understanding and experience of effective project management is essential.
- Demonstrable leadership ability
- Experience in leading teams to create more sustainable packaging
- Able to drive operational effectiveness, leading to operational excellence
- Working knowledge of the competing objectives in the development of new packaging
- An international perspective on packaging sustainability drivers
- 10+ years’ practical experience in sustainable packaging development and/or other aspects of creating more sustainable packaging.
- Engineering/chemistry or other relevant degree
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide robust evidence to underpin business decisions
- Excellent client and project manager
- Adept at managing internal and external relationships
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account) benefit (US only)
- Anthesis provides 100% Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance benefit.
- In addition, Anthesis covers 100% of Short & Long‐Term Disability Insurance benefits.
- Anthesis provides a 3% contribution into retirement plans, and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.
- Anthesis provides Employee Assistance Program and Travel Insurance
- Annual allotment of PTO, in addition to 56 hours of sick leave, paid company paid holidays, and more.
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company.
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team.
- Work collaboratively on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients.
- Opportunity to work alongside of, collaborate with and learn from sustainability Subject Matter Experts (SME) who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have