Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face, and Target, and supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines, and the Middle East.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people, and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions, and enhancing our culture.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a Director to lead our Climate Risk services team, which supports Anthesis’ global offerings by bringing innovative sustainable performance related solutions to clients. This role will further develop innovative products and services so that our clients can anticipate, address and efficiently measure, disclose and take action over their relevant climate change risks and opportunities. You will be leading a dedicated team taking full accountability for creating and implementing new services, tools and software solutions, and commercial performance in close collaboration with the North American leadership team as well as counterparts in other Anthesis regions.
Your projects and clients will span across a diverse set of industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands, and require engagement with clients, their suppliers, and their various stakeholders (employees, investors, associations and NGOs) around the world.
- 12+ years’ experience as a sustainability/ESG practitioner, ideally in a consultancy environment, and/or related financial services or enterprise risk management roles.
- Degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher, in a sustainability-related field in Sustainable Finance, Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics, Financial Risk Management or other sustainability-related disciplines.
- Ability to work at and navigate all levels of an organization, driving decisions and direction through influence, including executive and senior business stakeholders.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, interpersonal skills, and a professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in financial modelling.
- Experience in corporate risk management and organizational behavior.
- Experience creating and implementing business models and processes that integrate sustainability & risk principles into business value proposition.
- Competency at building relationships across functions within client organizations to enable opportunities for improvement and expanding our scope of services.
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience providing corporate sustainability support in some or all of the following:
- Corporate enterprise risk management
- Physical and transition climate change risks and opportunities
- Financial analysis including analysis of climate change risks and opportunities
- Business Continuity or Business Resilience Planning
- Strategy development, strategic goal setting and KPI selection on priority climate-related topics (e.g. Science-based Targets)
- Sustainability/ ESG reporting using leading frameworks e.g., GRI, SASB, Integrated Reporting and TCFD,
- Responses to key ESG surveys, inquiries and leading ranker/ ratings agencies e.g., CDP, S&P/DJSI, EcoVadis, MSCI, JUST and others
Personal Attributes and Qualities:
- Previous background or passion for sustainability preferred.
- Curious, globally minded, and enthusiastic.
- Organised, methodical, and analytical.
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment.
- Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis.
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative.
- Well presented with a professional manner to act as a brand ambassador which flexes and is appropriate for the specific client environment and circumstances.