Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients, across seventeen countries. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class leaders who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated Associate Director to support our growing Climate Change and Energy service offerings. Your role will be client-facing and focus on the innovative management of companies’ carbon emissions, primarily in the areas of renewable energy. You will own market-leading projects that support clients to achieve their science-based and net-zero targets, grounded by climate action plans that drive emissions reductions across internal operations and the value chain. This includes close collaboration and teamwork with client account managers and global colleagues, as well as direct client interaction through presentation of strategies, deliverables, and analysis to support and compel client action. Expertise delivered includes supporting on regulatory, market, commercial understanding and project design understanding rather than technical engineering expertise.
Your projects and clients will span multiple industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands, and require engagement with clients, and their suppliers, around the world, as well as managing a portfolio of implementation partners.
As activators, innovation is a key tool. One example of this relevant for the role is our unique partnership with LevelTen Energy who provide the marketplace insight and analytics to aid our PPA advice to clients. You will be able to take advantage and build on these and other arrangements.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can blend the technical elements and complexity of renewable energy programs with a strategic approach at the leading edge of sustainability.
- 10+ years’ experience in delivering carbon management projects, either in-house or in a consultancy environment, and specifically renewable energy advisory experience strongly preferred
- Substantive experience in relevant scope 1-2-3 accounting, reporting and target setting standards, especially GHG Protocol and SBTi
- Demonstrated knowledge of energy market conditions in North America, corporate renewable energy procurement, and renewable energy development/ financing fundamentals (e.g. Strong understanding of REC’s and/or Carbon Offsets, Virtual Power Purchase Agreements (“VPPAs) and consulting services related to climate mitigation.
- Ability to model cost implications of carbon reduction strategies over near and long-time horizons (out to 2040) independently or working with analytics resources.
- A desire and passion to assist large commercial clients with achieving carbon reduction and/or renewable energy goals.
- Project management experience, medium and high value tactical and strategic transactional experience desired (e.g. experience in supplier and RFP / offer tender management for renewable energy, technology and market instrument-type agnostic)
- Experience with web-based software as a service (SaaS)
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
- Strong communication and consulting skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment
- Able to work on virtual teams across different time zones
Opportunities from Working at Anthesis
- Experience of working in a fast-paced sustainability consultancy.
- Chance to apply your skills and knowledge to support our work with leading companies, impacting their strategy, programs and purpose.
- Work with an international team with operations in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
- Interesting, challenging and rewarding work across sectors and organizations.
- On-the-job training and coaching.
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents, as well as a FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
- Pay 100% of the cost of short‐term and long‐term disability insurances.
- Pay 100% of the cost of life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Retirement savings plan to assist in planning for your retirement. Anthesis provides 3% Safe Harbor contribution and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.
At Anthesis we value both the well-being and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.