Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator!
We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients, across seventeen countries. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, and are poised to play a leading role in developing new models of sustainable performance in businesses and governments. Our success depends on attracting, empowering and growing world-class leaders who can harness and deliver our subject matter expertise, capabilities and resources and drive this transformation.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a Consultant to support our growing Analytics team, which deploys powerful and agile analytics to generate insight and inform the design and implementation of sustainability solutions.
As part of the Analytics team, your role will support client needs related to corporate and product sustainability. Focus areas will include analyzing sustainability data, quantifying environmental footprints (e.g., energy/GHG emissions/water/waste), setting environmental targets, developing sustainability strategies, and supporting reporting (e.g., CDP, DJSI).
Your projects and clients will span across a diverse set of industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands, and require engagement with clients, and in some cases their suppliers, around the world.
You may work remotely from any North American location. Anthesis has offices in Boston, Boulder, Ottawa and San Francisco.
The ideal candidate will have
- Ideally 1-2 years experience in LCA or carbon accounting (if holding a Masters, work experience not needed)
- BA/BSc. degree in mathematics, engineering, science, economics or related field
- Demonstrable passion for, and commitment to, improving sustainability
- A willingness to learn new skills and work collaboratively with others in a dynamic work environment
- Experience working with data sets and proven ability to analyze, interpret and communicate findings (intermediate Excel knowledge required and experience with data science applications preferred)
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to think and work independently, while also being an enthusiastic and proactive team player
- Well-presented with a professional manner to act as a brand ambassador
At Anthesis, we value both the well-being and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people, and we want you to thrive, develop, and succeed here.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value diversity in our workforce. All candidates will be considered without regard to age, color, race, national origin, disability, family or marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, religion or belief, veteran status or any status protected by law. Anthesis does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents, as well as a FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
- Pay 100% of the cost of short‐term and long‐term disability insurances.
- Pay 100% of the cost of life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Retirement savings plan to assist in planning for your retirement. Anthesis provides 3% Safe Harbor contribution and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.
Opportunities from Working at Anthesis
- Experience of working in a fast-paced sustainability consultancy.
- Chance to apply your skills and knowledge to support our work with leading companies, impacting their strategy, programs and purpose.
- Work with an international team with operations in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
- Interesting, challenging and rewarding work across sectors and organizations.
- On-the-job training and coaching.