Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients, across seventeen countries. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class leaders who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a Consultant to support our growing Global Packaging and Product Sustainability service team, which deploys powerful and agile analytics to generate insight and inform the design and implementation of sustainability solutions. The Consultant will have excellent data analytical and research skills and is looking to either start or further a career in sustainability. The consultant will support the delivery of projects focused on:
- Extended producer responsibility and product stewardship
- Product, packaging and organisational circular economy
- Packaging baselines, goal setting and reporting
- Data collection for modelling and analysis
- Regulatory, policy and best practice research and support for product sustainability
- Solution implementation and strategy development
The ideal applicant will have relevant experience from industry or consulting work. You will have excellent data analytical skills, be able to work with multiple large data sets simultaneously and be competent in using several different analytical platforms. You will also be expected to keep abreast of changing packaging and product sustainability market dynamics and take part in implementing strategic and tactical initiatives in response to emerging opportunities.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Environment/sustainability degree or engineering, science, economics degree or equivalent practical experience
- Eco design experience or background (product & packaging focused)
- Working knowledge of the North American regulatory landscape as it concerns packaging and product sustainability
- Advanced Excel competency and knowledge of working with other data analytical software (E.g. R, Alteryx)
- Working knowledge of data visualisation in Excel and other software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- An understanding and experience of working with outputs from producer product and packaging data management systems
- Experience in delivering packaging and product sustainability support to producers either in-house or in a consultancy capacity
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Previous background or passion for sustainability preferred
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment
- Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis
Opportunities from Working at Anthesis
- Experience of working in a fast-paced sustainability consultancy
- Chance to apply your skills and knowledge to support our work with leading companies, impacting their strategy, programs and purpose
- Work with an international team with operations in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East
- Interesting, challenging and rewarding work across sectors and organizations
- On-the-job support, training and coaching
Our ideal candidate will be someone who really wants to flourish in a technical analytics environment at the leading edge of sustainability.
At Anthesis, we value both the well-being and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people, and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce. All candidates will be considered without regard to age, color, race, national origin, disability, family or marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, religion or belief, veteran status or any status protected by law. Anthesis does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents, as well as an FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
- Pay 100% of the cost of short‐term and long‐term disability insurance.
- Pay 100% of the cost of life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Retirement savings plan to assist in planning for your retirement. Anthesis provides 3% Safe Harbor contribution and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.