Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients, across seventeen countries. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class leaders who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
Anthesis projects and clients span multiple industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands, and require engagement with clients, and their suppliers, around the world.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a Director to lead our Climate Risk & TCFD services team, which supports Anthesis’ global offerings by bringing innovative sustainability solutions to clients. This role will further develop innovative products and services so that our clients can anticipate, address and efficiently disclose their relevant climate change risks and opportunities. You will be leading a dedicated team taking full accountability for creating and implementing new services, tools and software solutions, in close collaboration with the North American leadership team as well as counterparts in other Anthesis regions.
Your projects and clients will span across a diverse set of industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands, and require engagement with clients, their suppliers, and their various stakeholders (employees, investors, associations and NGOs) around the world.
- 12+ years’ experience as a sustainability/ESG practitioner, ideally in a consultancy environment, and/or related financial services or enterprise risk management roles.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher, in a sustainability-related field in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines.
- Ability to work at and navigate all levels of an organization, driving decisions and direction through influence, including executive and senior business stakeholders.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, interpersonal skills, and a professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in financial modelling.
- Experience creating and implementing business models and processes that integrate sustainability principles into business value proposition.
- Competency at building relationships across functions within client organizations to enable opportunities for improvement and expanding our scope of services.
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience providing corporate sustainability support in some or all of the following:
- Corporate enterprise risk management
- Physical and transition climate change risks and opportunities
- Financial analysis including analysis of climate change risks and opportunities
- Business Continuity or Business Resilience Planning
- Strategy development, strategic goal setting and KPI selection on priority climate-related topics (e.g. Science-based Targets)
- Sustainability/ ESG reporting using leading frameworks e.g., GRI, SASB, Integrated Reporting and TCFD,
- Responses to key ESG surveys, inquiries and leading ranker/ ratings agencies e.g., CDP, S&P/DJSI, EcoVadis, MSCI, JUST and others.
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents, as well as a FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
- Pay 100% of the cost of short‐term and long‐term disability insurances.
- Pay 100% of the cost of life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Retirement savings plan to assist in planning for your retirement. Anthesis provides 3% Safe Harbor contribution and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.