Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients across seventeen countries. We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class talent who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
- Manage and mentor the finance team.
- Support and optimize the recent implementation of NetSuite for the Region.
- Active process reviews & implementation of robust financial controls to ensure the integrity of our financial data.
- Manage month-end close for the North American operations and consolidate accounts provided by China & Philippines.
- Produce monthly financial reports for the North American business on a consolidated basis, including KPIs and forecasts, analysis and providing insight into the results.
- Working capital management including billing timeliness, debtor collection, supplier payment management and cash flow forecasting.
- Develop and implement project profitability reporting to support the analysis of business performance.
- Responsibility for statutory reporting/tax compliance including corporate income taxes and filings of returns.
- Review & presentation of weekly secured work / pipeline reporting.
- Review and sign off the two-monthly payroll.
- Prepare annual budget, including submission to Anthesis Group HQ
- Manage the Group interim & annual audit for the North American business.
- Experience working in the professional services sector
- Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years professional experience
- Good knowledge and experience of Oracle NetSuite
- IFRS and US GAAP knowledge with strong technical accounting skills, particularly in the context of project accounting/revenue recognition
- Experience of international businesses in a multi-currency environment and associated accounting of foreign currencies
- Strong background in statutory accounts preparation and audit management
- Ability to prepare and present management accounts and annual budgets to the North American leadership team and Group, when required
- Strong financial and accounting leadership skills and ability to develop and mentor direct reports
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to get stuck into the detail, roll up your sleeves and manage multiple priorities
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience of working in a rapidly growing, early-stage company
- Accounting system, process design and implementation experience
- Change management experience
Our ideal candidate will be someone who wants to contribute to, and flourish, in a team working at the leading edge of sustainability.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We believe that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents, as well as a FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 100% coverage of short‐term and long‐term disability insurances
- 100% coverage of life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Contribution to retirement saving plans Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP) exist in Canada. There are different ways that employers can contribute, and employees may receive payments tax free. Anthesis also contributes 3% to your 401K after a 3-month qualifying period.