Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator!
We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients, across seventeen countries. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class leaders who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and entrepreneurial Financial Controller to join our team. In this role, you will be a key member of the Anthesis North American leadership team.
Our business is growing rapidly and in this exciting opportunity you will be accountable for a wide variety of diverse and complex finance & accounting operations. These include multiple geographies; domestic and international operations; integration of acquisitions; input into the design and building of processes, systems and KPIs to expertly analyze and manage the business for sustainable growth.
- CPA Qualified Accountant – essential
- 5 years professional experience minimum
- Experience working in the professional services sector
- Good knowledge and experience of Oracle NetSuite – preferred
- IFRS and US GAAP knowledge with strong technical accounting skills, particularly in the context of project accounting/revenue recognition
- Experience of international businesses in a multi-currency environment and associated accounting of foreign currencies
- Strong background in statutory accounts preparation and audit management
- Ability to prepare and present management accounts and annual budgets to the North American leadership team and Group, when required
- Strong financial and accounting leadership skills and ability to develop and mentor direct reports
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to get stuck into the detail, roll up your sleeves and manage multiple priorities
Desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in a rapidly growing, early-stage company
- Accounting system, process design and implementation experience
- Change management experience
Our ideal candidate will be someone who wants to contribute to, and flourish, in a team working at the leading edge of sustainability.
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents, as well as a FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 100% coverage of short‐term and long‐term disability insurances
- 100% coverage of life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Contribution to retirement saving plans Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP) exist in Canada. There are different ways that employers can contribute, and employees may receive payments tax free. Anthesis also contributes 3% to your 401K after a 3-month qualifying period.
Opportunities from Working at Anthesis
- Experience of working in a fast-paced sustainability consultancy.
- Chance to apply your skills and knowledge to support our work with leading companies, impacting their strategy, programs and purpose.
- Work with an international team with operations in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
- Interesting, challenging and rewarding work across sectors and organizations.
- On-the-job training and coaching.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We believe that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.