Headquartered in the UK, Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients across seventeen countries. We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved, consistently appearing in Sunday Times Fast Track awards and Financial Times’ top 1000 of Europe’s fastest growing companies. We know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class talent who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We believe that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and entrepreneurial Financial Controller to join our team. In this role, you’ll be the right-hand person to the Group CFO and will be a key member of the Global Finance Team.
Our business is growing rapidly and in this exciting opportunity you will be accountable for a wide variety of diverse and complex finance & accounting operations, across multiple geographies, including: integration of acquisitions; input into the design and building of processes, systems and KPIs to expertly analyze and manage the business for sustainable growth, global treasury and cash management.
- Manage, coordinate and produce monthly consolidated management accounts and KPI reports from global businesses located in over 12 countries for the Group Board and reporting information to the lead private equity investor (“PE Investor”).
- Review results to provide insight into business performance via analytical review and variance analysis.
- Support and optimize the recent implementation of Anthesis’s global ERP, Oracle NetSuite.
- Ensure adequate and robust financial controls are in place throughout the global organisation, implementing improvements where necessary.
- Develop strong relationships with the global finance team and support them in maintaining strong controls, accurate reporting and commercial finance/working capital management.
- Prepare Group forecasts of income statements, balance sheets and cash flows for internal use, submission to the PE Investor and banks, including the impact of acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Treasury management and reporting of covenant compliance.
- Full annual consolidation and preparation of IFRS Group Financial Statements, managing the annual audit and liaison with tax advisors on reporting and compliance.
- Ensure timely implementation of and compliance with new International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Preparation of the consolidated annual budget, working with regional businesses and attending regional review meetings.
- M&A due diligence support, including reviewing and advising on acquisition/fair value accounting.
- Accounting for Group Holding companies.
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience of working in a rapidly growing company.
- Oracle Netsuite experience.
- Accounting system, process design and implementation experience.
- M&A experience and integration of acquisitions into businesses.
- Change management experience.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who wants to contribute to, and flourish, in a team working at the leading edge of sustainability.