Head of Energy Systems
About the Company:
Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We are here to deliver sustainable performance. As the largest group of sustainability experts globally, we’re making it happen. Since establishing in 2013, Anthesis Group has grown to more than 900 experts, through organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our activator model empowers multi-expert teams to design and deploy solutions that grow productive, resilient organisations, ecosystems and communities.
About the Role:
Practice Area: Consultancy – Energy Systems / Italian P&L Role: Full-time
This exciting new role has been created to expand Energy Systems activities in UK, Spain and Sweden to Italy. The EMELA Energy Systems practice has undergone a period of sustained growth over the past few years and now includes for 30+ engineering consultants and subject matter experts with a primary focus on the built environment and manufacturing. To support further growth in Central and Western Europe the Energy Systems Practice needs to recruit a Head of Energy Systems, Italy. The role will report to both the Managing Director for Italy and the Director for Energy Systems, UK.
This is a wide-ranging, senior role developed to transition our clients from strategy and solution development to the programmatic implementation of sustainable performance. Key areas of the role will include programme design and governance, project management, client management, developing new propositions plus strategic input to the rapid growth of our established team and the local practice. The Italian business could develop around several existing disciplines within the Energy Systems Practice – ranging from Energy Management to Engineering Design. We are looking for an individual that has a broad knowledge of Energy in Italy but also a specialism and network to make the local business sustainable in the near-term.
- Coordinating expertise across multi-disciplinary teams to support clients in realising sustainable performance
- A primary focus on the net zero agenda – developing programmes of work and transformational projects that support clients in acting on climate change.
- Working with clients to develop technical and commercial strategies, producing detailed resourcing and budgetary requirements, supporting the tender process and overseeing the delivery of projects.
- Project management including the co-ordination of technical, commercial and procurement advice from internal and external associates. Delivering projects on time and on budget to high customer satisfaction.
- Advising clients on options, risks and mitigation. Operating embedded within the client’s office where required.
- Peer review and authorisation of colleagues’ work.
- Manage multiple client relationships, liaise with clients to determine their requirements, assist clients with on-going enquires.
- Develop strategic partnerships with other companies and institutions that enhance the effectiveness of the work we deliver
- Achieving project profitability. Tracking costs, managing and forecasting spend, ensuring that work is kept to budget. Manage resources. Manage invoicing.
- Developing relationships and networks to support the growth of Anthesis in the local market.
- Ultimate point of escalation for Quality Assurance for Energy Systems projects delivered in Italy.
- Support the development of new propositions, identifying market needs and subsequent opportunities. Spotting innovations and making the business case for pursuing them.
- Support the development of IP and systems that enhance the quality and efficiency of our client work.
- With anticipated growth, the role has the potential to develop, leading a team of supporting specialisms and responsibility in mentoring less experienced staff.
- The role should develop line management responsibility and representation of the team at the Senior Management level within the Energy Systems Practice. This includes team appraisals, reviews, and training & development.
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Creating business cases and writing board papers
- Understanding of commercial contracts within the built environment and/or renewables sector
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience of line & operational management.
- Qualifications/education level required:
- Degree in Engineering, Science or Business subject or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer / Accountant or equivalent
- Desirable experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications:
- Experience working with Engineers
- Existing relationships that will catalyse the growth of the team locally
- As the role includes travel, visiting clients across Central and Western Europe and on occasions overseas, and keeping in contact with internationally based clients there is a requirement to be flexible around hours of working.
- Full EU driving licence
Anthesis is an equal opportunity employer. The aim of our policy is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.