Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We exist to shape a more productive and resilient world by helping organisations transition to new models of sustainable performance.
We are the largest group of dedicated sustainability experts in the world: a team of 1,200+ people, working across 21 countries, to serve thousands of clients. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering, and growing world-class people to deliver transformational shared value creation.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.
We are a certified B Corporation: part of a global community of 4,000 B Corps that use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy and that meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. Anthesis was named Consultancy of the Year at the 2022 Edie Sustainability Leaders Awards and at the BusinessGreen Leaders Awards 2022.
Summary of Role
We’ve experienced unprecedented growth in the demand for our services. To sustain the growth in activity in our service area from domestic and global clients, we are seeking to appoint interns or junior consultants to support across the breadth of our teams and services within our Production & Consumption Community. You will have the opportunity to support the following teams on a rolling basis:
- Waste & Resource Recovery (advising clients seeking to develop or invest in waste management and recycling infrastructure and to support clients to move to circular business models and zero waste)
- Packaging (advising clients primarily in the retail and manufacturing sectors to understand the environmental impacts of their packaging and identify and monitor sustainability improvements)
- Supply Chains (supporting brands to understand and support their multi-stakeholder supply chains to reduce their impacts, and meet customer demands for more sustainable products and operations)
- Regenerative Agriculture (advising clients in the food production supply chain to reduce waste and emissions across the food production lifecycle)
- EMS (advising clients aiming to transition to more sustainable business models through support to develop, implement, maintain, and continuously improve EMSs and achieve ISO 14001: 2015 certification)
You will have the opportunity to experience the work of each team and contribute to project delivery. We would assign a senior lead in each team and a buddy (an experienced junior consultant) to support you over the whole internship period. We would also support you to understand and potentially contribute to the work of our other teams, such as Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) due diligence, and Carbon Analytics.
- Degree qualification in an environmental/sustainability subject preferred or another relevant subject (e.g., engineering, science, or economics) with a strong interest or experience in the sustainability sector.
- Strong interest and competence in data management and analysis, preferably with advanced MS Excel competency. Experience using Alteryx and/or Tableau is an advantage.
- Experience in desk-based scientific or market research, or a strong interest to develop this.
- High-quality writing skills (including MS Word, and MS PowerPoint).
- Keen interest in a career in the sustainability and resource management sector.
- Flexible and innovative
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Organized, prepared, and professional
- Skilled communicator
- Ambitious and willing to develop
What drives Anthesis?
- Using the financial drivers of business to create environmental, economic and social change. Supporting commercial success that goes hand in hand with sustainability.
- Creating shared value and return on investment. Enabling business that recognizes the economic value of nature and communities.
- Delivering real and lasting change for a sustainable future. Benchmarking performance today, visualising a better tomorrow.
- Providing evidence and deep expertise to underpin robust business decisions. Capturing data and material issues with technical integrity.
- Understanding business needs, solving problems in a collaborative way, and delivering solutions at scale.
- Attracting the best people with honest leadership, passionate, committed teams and an open, transparent culture.
- Encouraging success, innovation and creativity.