Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
Summary of role
Anthesis’ Climate, Decarbonisation and Cities activity operates across the private and public sectors with a focus on:
- Climate strategy
- Development of climate inventories, footprints and life cycle assessments
- Defining climate targets and ambitions, including science–based targets
- Application of climate mitigation and wider sustainability to various sectors including Agri-tech sector
- Implementation of climate mitigation to cities and regions.
To sustain the growth in activity in our service area from domestic and global clients, we are keen to provide additional support to the team to expand to meet our clients’ needs in this exciting area of sustainability management. We are currently looking for this role to initially have a dual focus: supporting on our cities climate mitigation work; and delivering against our sustainable agriculture projects.
The role is based in one of Anthesis’ Bristol, London or Oxford offices, but the dynamic nature of our work may necessitate you to work from other Anthesis and/or clients’ offices from time-to-time. Additionally, given the international nature of the Anthesis business and the needs of our clients, this may lead to the need to participate in overseas work. At Anthesis we promote a flat and open culture so as not to constrain our talented staff in hierarchical management structures. Anthesis encourage business development, cross-selling and collaboration across the business, by all Anthesis colleagues, and you would have the opportunity to join groups which facilitate you to do this.
Your tasks as a Junior Consultant within the team will be varied and include:
- undertaking project related research; collect and analyse data; engage with a range of stakeholders;
- drafting technical reports and documents; and providing support in the preparation of content for proposals and marketing content.
- You will be expected to participate in client projects and proposals and to deliver tasks on time and within budget, and to assist the project managers to ensure that projects perform against targets and deadlines.
- You may also be given project management responsibilities. We are not expecting candidates to have extensive experience in the two areas of focus, rather show significant potential with a broad understanding of key relevant sustainability topics along with great potential to succeed as activators for our clients.
- Previous background or passion for sustainability;
- Curious, globally minded and enthusiastic;
- Organised, methodical and analytical;
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment;
- Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis;
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative;
- Well presented with a professional manner to act as a brand ambassador which flexes and is appropriate for the specific client environment and circumstances.
To apply for this role please follow the link below, please do not apply via email. Applicants who do not complete the assessment will not be considered for the role.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.