Location: One of Anthesis’s office: Bristol, London, Oxford, Manchester
Role: Junior Consultant, Climate, Decarbonisation and Cities Team
Role Reference: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/njhs5xprhi
Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
Summary of role
Anthesis’ Climate, Decarbonisation and Cities activity operates across the private and public sectors with a focus on:
- Climate mitigation strategy;
- Development of GHG emissions inventories and carbon footprints;
- Defining climate targets and ambitions, including science-based targets;
- Application of climate mitigation and wider sustainability practices across various energy system sectors and the natural environment;
- Engaging a diverse range of stakeholders and encouraging them to take bolder actions on climate change; and
- Implementation of climate mitigation to cities, local governments and regions.
To sustain the growth in activity in our service area from domestic and global clients, we are keen to provide additional support to the team to expand to meet our clients’ needs in this exciting area of sustainability management.
The role is based in one of Anthesis’ Bristol, London or Oxford offices, but the dynamic nature of our work may necessitate you to work from other Anthesis and/or clients’ offices from time-to-time. Additionally, given the international nature of the Anthesis business and the needs of our clients, this may lead to participation in overseas work. At Anthesis we promote a flat and open culture so as not to constrain our talented staff in hierarchical management structures. Anthesis encourages business development, cross-selling and collaboration across the business, by all Anthesis colleagues, and you would have the opportunity to join groups that allow you to do this.
Your tasks as a Junior Consultant within the team will be varied and include:
- undertaking project related research; collecting and analysing data;
- engaging with and presenting to a wide a range of stakeholders;
- drafting client and public-facing reports and documents;
- providing support in the preparation of content for proposals and marketing content.
You will be expected to participate in client projects and proposals and to deliver tasks on time and within budget, and to assist the project managers to ensure that projects perform against targets and deadlines.
You may also be given project management responsibilities. We are not expecting candidates to have extensive experience, rather show significant potential with a broad understanding of key relevant sustainability topics along with great potential to succeed as activators for our clients.
- Previous background and/or passion for sustainability;
- Curious, pragmatic and enthusiastic;
- Organised, methodical and analytical;
- Effective at time management and organisation;
- Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment;
- Work well with a wide range of people in a global environment;
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative;
- Well presented with a professional manner to act as a brand ambassador as is appropriate for the specific client environment and circumstances.
To apply for this role please follow the link below, please do not apply via email. Applicants who do not complete the assessment will not be considered for the role.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.