Anthesis is the sustainability activator!
Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 1000+ experts operating in 42 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.
Summary of role:
Working as part of a specialist team of consultants developing solutions in the renewable energy sector Support the delivery of a wide range of energy-related projects within a multidisciplinary design team for several key clients covering a range of activities from project feasibility to detailed design and construction support.
- Ideally 2-5 years’ experience in a relevant position (No previous experience will be considered)
- Engineering Degree in or equivalent in one of the following: Chemical, Process, Mechanical, or Building Facilities (Post-graduate qualification a plus)
- Seeking chartership status within a relevant Professional Institution
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met.
- Good problem-solving/contingency planning skills with the ability to find quick, innovative, and practical solutions.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery.
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients, and contractors.
- Able to recognise one’s impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate.
- Able to work under pressure to meet stringent timelines and deal with challenging clients.
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others.
- Ensure that the technical content of the work carried out is correct and completed in accordance with the agreed timescales and budget and ensure that project delivery meets client’s objectives and requirements.
- Report to the appropriate team leader on technical issues associated with project work.
- Comply with the business Health & Safety policy and demonstrate best practices through project delivery.
- Ability to write/explain clearly technical solutions in a concise and accurate manner.
- Contribute to technical due diligence studies for energy-related plants and systems.
- Undertake elements of the engineering design at different stages of the project
- Good understanding of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics
- Power and thermal generation design from multiple fuels
- Experience or wishing to develop capability in the following areas:
- Data analysis and reporting
- Industrial processes & optimisation
- Renewable energy technologies
- Decarbonisation solutions
- Environmental legislation and renewable incentives
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ideally with experience in business development, project management and client management
- Ability to speak fluently and communicate effectively in written reports and oral presentations
- Flexibility, including the ability to travel throughout the UK and internationally
Your Benefits (UK only):
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team
- Work solely on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients
- Opportunity to work with, collaborate with and learn from sustainability SME’s who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects on a global basis
- Competitive salary in line with, experience and skills
- Competitive benefits including; flexible working, 25 days holiday and two volunteering days off, Christmas Shutdown, and the day off for your Birthday!
- Cooperative, supportive and open working atmosphere.