Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face, and Target, and supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together over 1,000 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines, and the Middle East.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people, and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions, and enhancing our culture. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Summary of Role:
The Executive Director will lead Anthesis’ Supply Chain Practice, which enables our clients to deliver sustainable performance at every link in the supply chain. Our rapidly growing practice is looking for a dynamic leader who will be responsible for building and leading service offerings that empower clients to deliver sustainable transformation across their supply chains and unlock positive environmental and social impact. The Executive Director and Supply Chain Practice will harness an entrepreneurial spirit and depth of knowledge on supply chain sustainability, supply chain risk, and innovative solutions/technology to empower clients to deliver against stakeholder priorities and across their organization’s broader enterprise and ESG agenda. This position reports to the Anthesis North America and Asia Pacific CEO.
- Lead the Supply Chain Practice strategy and business plan for Anthesis North America and Asia Pacific, working closely with key stakeholders across the global Anthesis network
- Identify market trends, as related to the Practice, and, through working with the CEO, the Practice Operations leader and Practice Service Line leaders, develop and refine the service offerings within the Practice
- Deliver an annual business plan for the Practice, guiding the growth and expansion of service offerings to meet or exceed key growth targets for client and sector engagements
- Cultivate and deepen relationships with clients, driving revenue generation through proactive business development
- Support with strategic recruitment in collaboration with the Practice Operations leader to identify qualified talent and expertise for Service Line leads
- Ensure there is a robust succession plan in place for all key positions in the Practice, working in conjunction with the Practice Operations leader and CEO as part of the succession planning process
- Represent Anthesis to external audiences by presenting at relevant industry conferences, demonstrating thought leadership through writing and publishing blogs, white papers and reports and proactively create opportunities to raise the profile of Anthesis more broadly.
- Proven leadership skills, including building and managing high performing teams and growing a business
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, with proven experience in complex supply chains delivering responsible sourcing goals aligned to enterprise procurement strategy through supplier engagement and capacity building across industries and geographies.
- Minimum 15 years’ postgraduate experience, preferably in a top-tier consulting firm; NGO working with business on supply chains; or a supply chain risk, responsible sourcing, or similar role in a consumer-facing company.
- Significant industry/sector experience in any of the following: Retail; Technology, Biopharmaceutical, Agriculture; and/or the ability to work across sectors and synthesize best practices in supply chain sustainability across those sectors.
- A network of contacts and connections at the intersection of business, environment, and human rights fields, including NGOs/CSOs, multilateral institutions, peer consultancies, industry experts, and more.
- Subject matter expertise/direct experience in supply chain sustainability, supply chain risk, supply chain traceability and transparency mechanisms and knowledge of innovative solutions and technology to drive sustainability goals upstream in the value chain. Additional expertise in human rights, climate change, biodiversity and water stewardship is desired.
- Demonstrated track record in working with C-Suite and senior executives in a client/customer-facing position. Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with clients and partners.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills and demonstrated thought leadership.
- Willingness to undertake up to 15% of business travel.
- A role model for Anthesis’s values, and an embodiment of the Anthesis Spirit
- Demonstrable transformational leadership ability
- Adept at managing internal and external relationships
- Able to ensure excellence in delivery, through people
- High integrity
- Capable of having courageous conversations and making difficult decisions
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account) benefit (US only)
- Anthesis provides 100% Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance benefit.
- In addition, Anthesis covers 100% of Short & Long‐Term Disability Insurance benefits.
- Anthesis provides a 3% contribution into retirement plans, and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.
- Anthesis provides Employee Assistance Program and Travel Insurance
- Annual allotment of PTO, in addition to 56 hours of sick leave, paid company paid holidays, and more.
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company.
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team.
- Work collaboratively on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients.
- Opportunity to work alongside of, collaborate with and learn from sustainability Subject Matter Experts (SME) who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have