Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.
Summary of role
Anthesis offers a wide range of sustainability consulting services across the UK and internationally, focusing on innovative management of carbon emissions, strategic target setting, driving emissions reduction through operations and the value chain and the net zero agenda.
The carbon consulting practice is looking to appoint a highly motivated Principal Consultant in the UK to co-lead on a variety of exciting projects, principally for our private sector clients. The role will require both strategic and delivery leadership. In terms of delivery and project management, you will be engaging directly with the market to support major sustainability projects to our clients. You will collaborate with global Anthesis sustainability experts and with other Technical Consultants not only to deliver great projects but also to support in developing new innovative ways of supporting our clients’ sustainability journey. At a strategic level, you will have significant responsibility related to defining the strategic direction of our UK carbon consulting activity. As a senior position in the UK business, we may consider including more extensive business and people management responsibilities, so experience in this area will be welcomed.
Anthesis focuses on driving maximum sustainable impact by our clients, many of which are major blue-chip companies such as LEGO, PepsiCo, Nestle and Salesforce. You will have the opportunity to own market-leading projects in areas such as providing strategic support to C-suite, setting Net Zero and Science-based Target (SBTs) agendas and carbon reduction pathways including developing and implementing carbon action plans. For implementation, you will have the support of an extensive engineering and delivery team enabling reductions for our clients.
In addition to delivery of projects, the role also has a strong business development focus, to work with our clients to understand their sustainability challenge, design a solution that is applicable to their business and embed best practice and innovation throughout the solution.
The role will require line management of a number of other team members.
- 5-10+ years’ experience in providing technical carbon management support
- Excellent project management/direction and both team and subject leadership with ability to provide strategic insight related to our carbon services
- Strong numeracy with comfortable, advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in delighting clients, preferably within a corporate context while challenging them to deliver maximum sustainability impact.
- Strong communication and consulting skills; particularly an understanding of the sustainability challenges that organisations face in today’s climate.
- Active and encouraging team player
- Business and people management
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Previous background or passion for sustainability essential;
- Curious, globally minded and enthusiastic;
- Organised, methodical and analytical;
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment;
- Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis;
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative;