Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients, across seventeen countries. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class leaders who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated Principal Carbon Consultant to support our growing Climate Change and Energy service offerings. Your role will be client-facing and focus on the innovative management of companies’ carbon emissions. You will own market-leading projects to establish science-based and net-zero targets, grounded in climate action plans that drive emissions reductions across internal operations and the value chain.
Your projects and clients will span multiple industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands, and require engagement with clients, and their suppliers, around the world.
- Identify, address and respond to client challenges related to corporate carbon management
- Independently drive and build relationships with key clients, and contribute to identifying and securing new client opportunities
- Actively demonstrate thought leadership through, for example, presenting on webinars, writing blogs and white papers, and participating in leading forums and/or building networks, etc.
- Work with global Climate Change and Energy service delivery teams to further the development of the company’s innovative offerings on carbon management
- Provide technical leadership and support to junior team members
- Manage multiple projects independently with minimal supervision to meet tight deadlines
- 5-10 years’ experience in delivering carbon management projects, either in-house or in a consultancy environment
- Deep understanding of, and substantive experience in applying, critical accounting, reporting and target setting standards, especially GHG Protocol- and SBTi
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong communication and consulting skills
- Numerically literate and comfortable using modelling and data manipulation tools
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
- Able to work on virtual teams across different time zones
To apply for this role, please use the following link, application sent through by email will not be considered:
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.