Anthesis is the sustainability activator!
Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 1,100+ experts operating in 42 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
At Anthesis Group, we are truly committed to putting people and our planet at the heart of all we do.
We encourage all employees to contribute their ideas, perspectives, and experiences to help us create an inclusive and equitable workplace. By embracing diversity and providing equal opportunities, we believe we can drive innovation, foster creativity, and achieve our shared goals. So, if you’re ready to be a part of something truly extraordinary, then we want you! Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Together, we can continue to build a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to your application process, or need this job advert in a different format, just let us know and we’ll be happy to help.
Summary of role
We are looking for a highly motivated Principal Consultant/Associate Director to support our growing integration of Carbon, Climate and ESG service offerings. Your role will be client-facing and focus on climate risks and opportunities as part of our clients’ climate resilience strategy and within a coherent ESG context.
Your projects and clients will span multiple industries, ranging from large public companies to boutique brands, and financial institutions, and require engagement on carbon management techniques, climate risk modelling and the integration of climate change into business strategy with clients, and their suppliers, around the world.
This role would suit a candidate looking to move beyond their carbon or GHG inventory skills and into broader climate strategy work. The dynamic and in-demand nature of this service area offers exceptional candidates great opportunities for progression and a role in the continual improvement of our services to best serve our clients.
- A degree/relevant qualification in a related field (sustainability/ESG, finance, enterprise risk management, climate science, etc.).
- At least 5 to 7 years’ experience in a related position (sustainability/ESG practitioner, ideally in a consultancy environment, and/or related financial services, enterprise risk management roles, climate science or other relevant related roles).
- Working knowledge of the TCFD and/or transition planning and associated frameworks and experience having delivered transition and physical climate risk assessments
- Client/Account management experience, with interest in forging successful and long-term client relationships
- Effective and confident communicator, able to engage with Board-level and Executive teams
- Comfortable interpreting data to deliver the “so what” simply and coherently.
- Interest in building successful, and long term client relationships.
- Organised, methodical and analytical.
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure in an in-demand area of climate change consulting.
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative.
- A passion for sustainability and seeing business as a route to solving the climate crisis.
Whilst we are not expecting candidates to necessarily have extensive experience, knowledge of and some proficiency and experience providing corporate sustainability support in one or more of the following is anticipated:
- Sustainability topics, key ESG standards and frameworks and latest developments in the ESG and sustainable finance space, including EU Taxonomy, SFDR, TCFD, SDGs and SASB etc.
- Financial services, including financial planning, bookkeeping, auditing, accounting, taxes, data analysis and financial reporting, etc.
- Enterprise Risk Management including practices, and policies to analyse and report enterprise risks, to manage risks according to an enterprise risk management framework, and compliance with applicable regulations, rating agency standards.
- Business and/or ESG strategy development
- Climate scientist, practical knowledge and experience of addressing climate change considerations, resilience and adaptation, and climate scenario modelling and analysis.