Anthesis is the sustainability activator, with a vision to be the industry famous, high impact, globally empowered community of purpose.
We seek to make a significant contribution to the world to ensure it becomes more resilient and productive, during the Decisive Decade. We have already started to drive sustainable performance through our work with cities, companies, and other organisations. The sustainability strategies we develop are financially driven, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 700+ plus experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, Philippines, and the Middle East.
Summary of Role:
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly driven individual that has worked across a number of industry sectors as a packaging and or product technologist. This individual will work within the Manufacturing and Retail team, delivering projects that are often at the forefront of good practice. Helping to shape what a sustainable future looks like for our clients through the lens of products and packaging.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide clients access to a sustainability focused packaging specialist
- Build sustainable packaging expertise and capacity within the UK and other regional teams
- Contribute to the team’s revenue generation through building trusted relationships with our clients, developing new sustainable packaging service offerings and other business development activities.
The ideal applicant will have relevant experience, an industry and/or consulting background and a keen grasp of the technical requirements of the role. You will be expected to keep abreast of changing packaging and product sustainability market dynamics and implement strategic and tactical initiatives in response to emerging opportunities. We are also looking for:
- Packaging and or product engineering or technology degree, Environment/sustainability degree or engineering, science, economics degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in delivering technical packaging and product sustainability support to producers either in-house or in a consultancy capacity
- Eco design / design for sustainability applied experience or background (packaging and or product focused)
- Experience collaborating with internal colleagues and external stakeholders on a share outcomes
- Experience managing multiple complex and commercially sensitive projects, with dives project teams
- Strong communication skills and experience with a track record of facilitating client meetings, workshops with large groups of stakeholders and delivering presentations
- High quality and professional report writing (Word, PowerPoint)
- Good analytical skills and Excel skills and data visualisation experience.
- An international perspective on global the packaging and product sustainability landscape, regulations and drivers for change
- A strong understanding of the packaging supply chains for plastics and other common materials
- An understanding of the latest innovations in packaging materials and design
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of packaging related policy such as, Extended Producer Responsibility, Deposit Return Schemes, plastic taxes, and material bans, and its impact on packaging material choices
- Good knowledge of voluntary codes of conduct and best practice collaboration for product/packaging stewardship and its impact on packaging material choices
- Working knowledge of packaging and product sustainability landscape regulations drivers for change globally
- Experience working in a creativity environmental alongside design agencies and marketing/sales professionals
- Previous experience of undertaking customer and consumer engagement as part of a packaging, product or service design process
- An understanding and experience of working with outputs from product and packaging data management systems
- An additional language would be an advantage.
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with the flexibility to apply expertise to different a range of different clients across multiple sectors
- Previous background or passion for sustainability preferred
- Curious, globally minded and enthusiastic
- Organised, methodical and analytical
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment
- Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative
- Well presented with a professional manner to act as a brand ambassador which flexes and is appropriate for the specific client environment and circumstances