Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face, and Target, and supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together over 1,000 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines, and the Middle East.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people, and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions, and enhancing our culture. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Summary of Role:
Anthesis’ Supplier Engagement Service Line is looking for a highly motivated Principal Consultant to support our growing work helping clients to deliver our ambitious strategy for the Decisive Decade. Engaging an organization’s supply chain is a challenging but critical area for companies to drive environmental and social transformation and minimize their ESG-related risks. Clients are increasingly seeking our help to develop and deploy effective supplier engagement and responsible sourcing programs that leverage technology, best practices, and collaborative networks to deliver measurable performance improvement against their public-facing goals.
Our projects and client base are varied, but we are looking for this role to support the following:
- Sustainable Supply Chains including key clients in the technology, retail, agriculture, and apparel and textiles space;
- Sustainability focus areas will be varied and can include topics such as, greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs)/science-based targets (SBTs), waste, fair labor practices, and/or diversity, equity and inclusion metrics, and activities.
- Sustainable procurement, sustainable materials and supply chain management;
- Solution implementation and strategy development, including developing data processes;
- Sustainability claims and due diligence; and
- Ethical Trading and Human Rights across a variety of sectors.
- Define and deliver business processes to collect and manage other environmental and sustainability-related supply chain data;
- design and implement supplier engagement and capacity-building programs;
- establishing supplier engagement and responsible procurement program policies, processes, and strategy.
- At least 4-6-years of industry experience in supply chain for a Senior Consultant
- At least 7-9-years of industry experience in supply chain for a Principal Consultant
- Proven work experience working in supply chain, sourcing/procurement, or any supplier-facing role
- An established understanding of sustainability/ESG issues, especially around energy and greenhouse gas emissions, science-based targets, and/or experience with sustainable procurement practices and strategies related to human rights, diversity equity & inclusion, or other relevant social/environmental topics
- Experience in delivering high quality and professional reports, in multiformat and for various audiences.
Knowledge, Education and Desired Qualifications:
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, including data collection and management, with advanced Excel skills (knowledge of other analytical software such as Alteryx/Tableau/PowerBI etc would be a bonus).
- Experience delivering projects either in house, in the supply chain or in a consultancy or NGO environment.
- Working knowledge of sustainability reporting, including ethical trading and/or corporate sustainability reports.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communications and project management skills
- Self-organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
- Able to work on virtual teams across different time zones
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account) benefit (US only)
- Anthesis provides 100% Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance benefit.
- In addition, Anthesis covers 100% of Short & Long‐Term Disability Insurance benefits.
- Anthesis provides a 3% contribution into retirement plans, and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.
- Anthesis provides Employee Assistance Program and Travel Insurance
- Annual allotment of PTO, in addition to 56 hours of sick leave, paid company paid holidays, and more.
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company.
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team.
- Work collaboratively on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients.
- Opportunity to work alongside of, collaborate with and learn from sustainability Subject Matter Experts (SME) who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have