Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients, across seventeen countries. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class leaders who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.
We’ve experienced unprecedented growth in the demand for our services over the last 12 months. To sustain the growth in activity in our service area from domestic and global clients, we are keen to provide additional support to meet our clients’ needs in an exciting area of sustainability management.
We operate on a high level of trust and our successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to work to high standards and looking to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team environment.
We are looking to recruit a specialist with an outstanding track record of delivering client reports, waste data and infrastructure modelling and client focussed project management.
The ideal applicant will have relevant experience, in waste or the sustainability industry, or a consulting background. You will need a keen grasp of the technical requirements of the role. You will be expected to keep abreast of changing circular economy market dynamics, waste technology developments and implement strategic and tactical initiatives in response to emerging opportunities. You will be expected to identify relevant training from our Anthesis Academy and from industry events to keep your knowledge current and ensure that you have the necessary consulting skills to deliver your role effectively.
- Environment/sustainability degree or engineering, science, economics degree or equivalent practical experience
- Understanding and knowledge of the UK or European policy frameworks, waste supply chain and circularity
- Project and client management experience
- High quality and professional report writing (Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience of attending and hosting client meetings and engagement sessions
- Strong analytical skills and Excel competency
- An international perspective on global waste markets and infrastructure
- Experience in delivering waste foot printing, zero waste options assessments and circularity projects
- Knowledge of the tools for measuring circularity, such as the MCI
- An understanding of the UK and European waste data sets
- Experience in delivering waste and secondary commodity market assessments, commercial due diligence studies and waste management infrastructure evaluation for project developers, investors & lender, intermediaries or procuring authorities or brands/manufacturing sector
Personal attributes and qualities
At Anthesis we recruit for attitude. We are looking for colleagues who demonstrate our Anthesis Spirit. Our successful candidate will be at the top of their game and able to demonstrate these attributes:
- Output driven and accountable
- Flexible and innovative
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Organized, prepared and professional
- Skilled communicator
- Ambitious and willing to develop