Anthesis is the sustainability activator!
Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 1000+ experts operating in 42 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.
Summary of Role:
This role within the Energy Systems team, will be key in shaping the future development and growth of the energy consultancy service area. The role requires an energetic and fastidious individual with a passion to develop within the emerging low and zero carbon development market and raise the profile of the Anthesis Group in this area. An essential requirement will be to contribute to the growth of our offer within the new build and retrofit markets, enhancing our capabilities on sustainable design within the built environment
Relevant experience required:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar client-facing role in the energy and wider building services/energy efficiency industry.
- Although you may not be an Engineer, you will understand the main energy policies and technologies and compliance standards
- Knowledge of building services within commercial and public sector operations
- Knowledge of current Building Regulations.
- Knowledge of energy markets, legislation and regulation
- A strong grounding in building design and operation across the built environment
- Familiarity with RICS Whole Life Carbon Assessment for the built environment or BS EN 15978
- An understanding of low carbon technologies and emerging green design techniques that support sustainable performance.
- Client and stakeholder management (internal and external), interpersonal and communication skills, managing client’s expectations, promoting excellent working relationships.
- Project management skills to deliver technical, multi-stakeholder projects on time and on budget.
- Advance Excel skills. spreadsheet manipulation, complex calculations and production of graphics.
- An interest and commitment to sustainability
- Experience in working with Architects and Developers.
Qualifications/education level required:
- Achieved or proactively working towards Chartered Status in your profession.
Desirable experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications:
- Experience in dealing with commercial businesses (retailers, manufacturers, etc)
- Experience in dealing with Local Authorities.
- Experience in dealing with managing third party contractors.
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant (or equivalent)
- As the role includes travel, visiting clients across the UK and on occasions overseas, and keeping in contact with internationally based clients there is a requirement to be flexible around hours of working.
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant (or equivalent for other disciplines in the built environment)
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team
- Work solely on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients
- Opportunity to work with, collaborate with and learn from sustainability SME’s who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects on a global basis
- Competitive salary in line with education, experience and skills
- Competitive benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday and two volunteering days off and the day off for your Birthday!
- Cooperative, supportive and open working atmosphere.