Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 1,000+ experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
Summary of role
This role within the Energy Systems team, will be key in shaping the future development and growth of the energy consultancy service area. The role requires an energetic and fastidious individual with a passion to develop within the emerging low and zero carbon development market and raise the profile of the Anthesis Group in this area. An essential requirement will be to contribute to the growth of our offer within the new build and retrofit markets, enhancing our capabilities on sustainable design within the built environment
- Project management including the co-ordination of technical, commercial and procurement advice from internal and external associates. Delivering projects on time and on budget to high customer satisfaction.
- Lifecycle Carbon Analysis for new build development and retrofit
- Supporting clients in achieving recognised sustainability standards for existing buildings and new development (examples LEED, BREEAM, CEEQUAL, SKA, ACE, PassivHaus and WELL certifications)
- Supporting clients through the design-development process to deliver sustainable outcomes in new and retrofit projects
- Acting as Client’s Project Manager to ensure best value is obtained from contractors and suppliers. Advising clients on options, risks and mitigation. Operating embedded within the client’s office where required.
- Supporting our wider consultancy practice as to deliver high quality technical analysis and reports including energy audits, stock assessments, scoping studies, options appraisals and identifying and prioritising cost-effective energy efficiency solutions (supply and demand).
- Working in close partnership with colleagues in other departments (particularly in the Cities space) to develop new and innovative collaboration opportunities.
- Manage multiple client relationships, liaise with clients to determine their requirements, assist clients with on-going enquires.
- Developing business relationships, identifying opportunities to make sales (including outside of engineering) and preparing proposals to convert sales opportunities into projects
- You will have the ability to provide the bridge from the client, to engineers to project managers.
- Representation of Anthesis across relevant industry groups, trade bodies and influencers.
- Achieving project profitability. Tracking costs, managing and forecasting spend, ensuring that work is kept to budget via our Netsuite finance system. Manage resources. Manage invoicing.
- Providing technical sales support to Sales colleagues ensuring proposals are correctly scoped and priced.
- Support the development of new propositions, identifying market needs and subsequent opportunities. Spotting innovations and making the business case for pursuing them.
- Access to networks that support our intention to deliver sustainable design
- Advancing our approach to Social Value and other emerging sustainable performance indicators in the built environment
- We have opportunities to expand our service offering outside of the UK and integrate with other Anthesis offices across Europe and North America. A willingness to collaborate and some experience of international projects would therefore be beneficial.
- A strong grounding in building design and operation across the built environment
- Familiarity with RICS Whole Life Carbon Assessment for the built environment or BS EN 15978
- An understanding of low carbon technologies and emerging green design techniques that support sustainable performance.
- Client and stakeholder management (internal and external), interpersonal and communication skills, managing client’s expectations, promoting excellent working relationships.
- Project management skills to deliver technical, multi-stakeholder projects on time and on budget.
- Advance Excel skills. spreadsheet manipulation, complex calculations and production of graphics.
- An interest and commitment to sustainability
- Experience in working with Architects and Developers.
Qualifications/education level required
- Achieved or proactively working towards Chartered Status in your profession.
Desirable experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications
- Experience in dealing with commercial businesses (retailers, manufacturers, etc)
- Experience in dealing with Local Authorities.
- Experience in dealing with managing third party contractors.
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant (or equivalent)
- As the role includes travel, visiting clients across the UK and on occasions overseas, and keeping in contact with internationally based clients there is a requirement to be flexible around hours of working.
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant (or equivalent for other disciplines in the built environment)
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.