Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients, across seventeen countries. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class leaders who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
About the role:
In this role, you will focus on the delivery of market leading consultancy advisory and support projects working directly with corporate clients on climate change mitigation solutions in their supply chains, with a focus on nature-based solutions and regenerative agriculture specifically. You will contribute to the development of proposals and participate in business development activities and new service creation and primarily play a leading role in the delivery of client strategies and programs that mitigate supply chain emissions via these two pathways: working within companies agricultural supply chains and supporting clients to formulate strategies, design and implement projects that effectively mitigate their impact on climate, water and forest resources. Exemplary assignments include the development and implementation of supply chain strategies to achieve climate targets through emission reductions and insetting and the identification and selection of nature-based solutions that also improve water stewardship or achieve deforestation free supply chains.
- University degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or Business or other sustainability or business-relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience, including several years of experience in business development roles within the sustainability sector, and practitioner roles in either carbon markets (avoided emissions offsets and/ removals) or regenerative agriculture
- Deep understanding of environmental sustainability challenges in multinational companies especially with the integration of sustainability in supply chains and agriculture, nature-based solutions and removals, and a working knowledge of scope 3 emissions accounting
- Experience in establishing clear performance targets and metrics, with proven track record of meeting or exceeding challenging targets
- Strategic mindset, with the desire and ability to support our emerging global strategy for these market areas, enabling Anthesis to achieve its ambitions for impact and growth
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to understand the evolution of environmental markets and translate this into compelling business opportunities that are financially sound
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills to partner effectively with key internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding financial and planning skills, with experience contributing to strategy and budgeting processes
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to use data and metrics to inform decisions
- Experience working within cross-functional, high-performing, diverse and remote teams
- Comfortable operating globally in a fast-paced high-growth international environment
- Experience in helping to scale up a fast-growing organization in the context of a highly competitive market environment
- Practical experience with agricultural supply chains and/or carbon markets project development/ program management
- Practical experience in
- sustainable procurement, change management and sustainability strategy
- Monitoring and quantification of environmental impacts along the supply chain on climate, water and forests -with agricultural supply chains in tropical countries and project development/program management.
- Sustainable procurement, change management and sustainability strategy development.
Our ideal candidate is mission driven and wants to flourish in a global team working at the leading edge of sustainability.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop, and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions, and enhancing our culture.
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents, as well as a FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
- Pay 100% of the cost of short‐term and long‐term disability insurances.
- Pay 100% of the cost of life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Retirement savings plan to assist in planning for your retirement. Anthesis provides 3% Safe Harbor contribution and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.