Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
This is a great opportunity to have a lead role in a dynamic, rapidly-growing, global business specializing in sustainability services and solutions, founded on the belief that sustainable business practices are at the heart of long-term commercial success.
Summary of role:
Project manager for activities related to the national and international permitting, preparation or review (gap analysis) of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Environmental and Social Action Plans, Environmental and Social Management Plans.
The candidate will act as Project Manager, leading and taking direct part in the assignments, with direct interaction with Clients and third parties (e.g. regulators or project financing agencies) and implies strong soft skills (e.g. negotiation, communication, strategic vision) and capabilities in problem solving and sustainable solutions finding (e.g. the definition of strategies aimed to ensure the compliance with the international standards at sustainable costs and conditions).
The Project Manager will work under the strategic supervision of the Anthesis Director and will be asked to contribute to the business development of the company through direct involvement in proposal preparation, identification of opportunities, commercial contacts with Clients.
The role may require work trips in different countries and continents. The Candidate will be asked to work in the Rome office for a few months initial period with following residence (e.g. homeworking, different city or country/continent) to be negotiated afterward if asked by the candidate.
- Native or fluent in Italian, English and a third language among Spanish, French or Arabic;
- Master’s Degree and education in one of the following sectors: engineering; environmental sciences; social sciences.
- More than 5 years of experience in preparation or review of National and International Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, for the industry and/or agriculture/livestock or infrastructures; knowledge of Equator Principals and related international Standards and financial institutions.
- Work experience (with resident experience) in three or more countries.
What drives Anthesis?
- Using the financial drivers of business to create environmental, economic and social change. Supporting commercial success that goes hand in hand with sustainability.
- Creating shared value and return on investment. Enabling business that recognizes the economic value of nature and communities.
- Delivering real and lasting change for a sustainable future. Benchmarking performance today, visualising a better tomorrow.
- Providing evidence and deep expertise to underpin robust business decisions. Capturing data and material issues with technical integrity.
- Understanding business needs, solving problems in a collaborative way and delivering solutions at scale.
- Helping to define the destination and supporting the journey to get there. Thinking and doing holistically, offering local gateways to a global resource.
- Attracting the best people with honest leadership, passionate, committed teams and an open, transparent culture.
- Encouraging success, innovation and creativity.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter as attachments by email, citing “IF_ITA/001” in the subject of the email, to email@example.com. Closing date February 28, 2018.
Applications that do not cite the job reference in the subject line may not be viewed. Applications must address the above listed skills and experience requirements.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.