Anthesis is the sustainability activator!
Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 1000+ experts operating in 42 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.
Summary of Role:
We are looking for a number of highly motivated consultants (Consultant to Principal level) to support our growing renewables service offerings. Your role will be client-facing and focus on the innovative management of companies’ carbon emissions, primarily in the areas of renewable energy. You will own market-leading projects that support clients to achieve their science-based and net-zero targets mainly via renewables market instruments (EACs) and procurement mechanism such a PPA/vPPAs. This includes close collaboration and teamwork with client account managers and global colleagues, as well as direct client interaction through presentation of strategies, deliverables, and analysis to support and compel client action.
Your projects and clients will span multiple industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands, and require engagement with clients, and their suppliers, around the world, as well as supporting in managing a portfolio of implementation partners.
As activators, innovation is a key tool. One example of this relevant for the role is our unique partnership with LevelTen Energy who provide the marketplace insight and analytics to aid our PPA advice to clients. You will be able to take advantage and build on these and other arrangements.
- 2-5 years’ experience in delivering carbon management projects, either in-house or in a consultancy environment, and specifically renewable energy advisory experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of energy market conditions in Europe, corporate renewable energy procurement, and renewable energy development/ financing fundamentals (e.g. Strong understanding of REC’s and/or Carbon Offsets, Virtual Power Purchase Agreements (“VPPAs) and consulting services related to climate mitigation.
- A desire and passion to assist large commercial clients with achieving carbon reduction and/or renewable energy goals.
- Project management experience, medium and high value tactical and strategic transactional experience desired (e.g. experience in supplier and RFP / offer tender management for renewable energy, technology and market instrument-type agnostic)
- Experience with web-based software as a service (SaaS)
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
- Strong communication and consulting skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment
- Able to work on virtual teams across different time zones
Our ideal candidates have a blend of the technical elements and complexity of renewable energy programs with a strategic approach at the leading edge of sustainability.
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team
- Work solely on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients
- Opportunity to work with, collaborate with and learn from sustainability SME’s who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects on a global basis
- Competitive salary in line with education, experience and skills
- Competitive benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday and two volunteering days off and the day off for your Birthday!
- Cooperative, supportive and open working atmosphere.