Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
Anthesis’ agrifood team support Organisations build a more resilient food system. We work with agribusiness, food & drink manufacturing, retail and hospitality in technology enabled ways to:
- Revalue and regenerate agriculture
- Rebuild robust supply chains
- Incentivise the adoption of creative and transformative solutions in food production
The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to continue to develop their career in the agrifood sector, using their knowledge to drive sustainable performance whilst being comfortable working in multi-stakeholder environments to manage multiple projects and clients. They will have a relevant background in the agrifood industry and have a grasp of the critical sustainability challenges that affect it. Strong client facing and project management experience is essential, whilst previous knowledge gained in the consulting sector preferable. Given the nature of the work and team, the candidate will also have the flexibility to support others deliver existing project work through conducting activities such as market research.
- 5 years’ experience in sustainability roles within the agrifood sector (e.g. agribusiness, manufacturing, retail)
- Environmental/sustainability/food related degree
- Working knowledge of the food sector and related sustainability challenges
- Excellent project management skills and ability to lead project teams (including: client engagement, team work, delivery and budget management)
- High quality and professional report writing (MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
- An International perspective on global food production and consumption
- Additional technical knowledge/experience across critical sustainability related agrifood challenges (e.g. Carbon, water, biodiversity, animal welfare, commodities)
- Previous responsible sourcing related consultancy experience
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Output driven and accountable. High commercial awareness
- Entrepreneurial mindset, ability to remain flexible and innovative to meet client needs’
- Confidence to use initiative to drive action and engage project teams to deliver
- Team player with the ability to effectively communicate
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.