Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients, across seventeen countries. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class leaders who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
Anthesis projects and clients span multiple industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands, and require engagement with clients, and their suppliers, around the world.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Climate Risk & TCFD services team, which supports Anthesis’ global offerings by bringing innovative sustainability solutions to clients. This role will support our team to advise and implement innovative products and services with our clients so that they can anticipate, address and efficiently disclose their relevant climate change risks and opportunities. You will join a dedicated team and your projects and clients will span across a diverse set of industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands, and require engagement with clients, their suppliers, and their various stakeholders (employees, investors, associations and NGOs) around the world.
- 5+ years’ experience as a sustainability/ESG practitioner, ideally in a consultancy environment, and/or related financial services, enterprise risk management roles or other relevant related roles
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or Master’s level, in a finance or sustainability-related field: Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines.
- Understanding of global climate change science and international decarbonization scenarios as well as best practice approaches to risk assessment and quantification
- Good working knowledge of the TCFD and associated frameworks
- Experience having delivered transition and physical climate risk assessments for projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working with both colleagues and clients.
- Clear and concise written communications.
- Experience working with data sets and demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and communicate findings.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Flexibility to quickly pivot to meet changing priorities or adjusted timelines
- Proven research and analytical skills (from academia or work experience), with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to think and work independently, while also being an enthusiastic and proactive team player
- Knowledge of and some proficiency and experience (preferred) providing corporate sustainability support in some or all of the following:
- Corporate enterprise risk management
- Physical and transition climate change risks and opportunities
- Financial analysis including analysis of climate change risks and opportunities
- Sustainability/ ESG reporting using leading frameworks e.g., GRI, SASB, Integrated Reporting and TCFD,
- Responses to key ESG surveys, inquiries and leading ranker/ ratings agencies e.g., CDP, S&P/DJSI, EcoVadis, MSCI, JUST and others,
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents, as well as a FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
- Pay 100% of the cost of short‐term and long‐term disability insurances.
- Pay 100% of the cost of life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Retirement savings plan to assist in planning for your retirement. Anthesis provides 3% Safe Harbor contribution and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.