Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors including corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also a large number of investors, asset managers and other financial institutions. Anthesis also supports early stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together over 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
Summary of Role
Anthesis are looking to appoint a highly motivated and passionate senior or principal consultant to sustain the growth in activity in this exciting area of ESG, with both domestic and global investor clients. There will also be an opportunity to support the wider Strategy, Branding and Education team, which offers a wide range of strategy and communication consulting services including materiality assessments, strategy development, data collection and management, sustainability/ESG reporting and training.
Additionally, given the international nature of the Anthesis business and the needs of our clients, this may lead to the need to participate in overseas work (post-COVID). At Anthesis we promote a flat and open culture so as not to constrain our talented staff in hierarchical management structures.
- Ideally 5-10 years’ experience in a related position, to include experience in undertaking environmental/ESG due diligence work. However, we are not expecting candidates to necessarily have extensive experience across all of ESG, sustainability or in supporting finance clients, but rather to demonstrate a broad understanding of key relevant sustainability topics along with a passion to succeed as activators for our clients.
- Previous experience, especially in environmental auditing/environmental due diligence, Mergers & Acquisitions and/or delivering ESG management projects for financial or industrial clients.
- A degree/relevant qualification in a related field (finance, sustainability, environmental management, geography etc.).
- A passion for sustainability and an interest in being at the forefront of sustainability and sustainable finance.
- Well presented with a professional manner to act as a brand ambassador which flexes and is appropriate for the specific client environment and circumstances.
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to the dynamic, fast moving finance sector.
To apply for this role please follow the link above.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.