Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
Summary of role
Anthesis’ Sustainable Production & Consumption Solution operates across the private, not for profit, and public sectors with a focus on the full product life cycle from raw materials to consumption and end of life waste-to-value models.
The Solution is made up of 2 Communities: Sustainable Products and Circularity, Resource Efficiency and Waste. We are seeking a Senior Consultant to start with the Sustainable Products team in March 2021 to support with our existing client projects and to help to deliver our ambitious strategy for the Decisive Decade. This is a growing team, in a growing sector. The project work we deliver is exciting and often at the forefront of good practice. Our projects and client base are varied, but we are looking for expertise in one or more of the following:
- Extended producer responsibility and product stewardship;
- Product, packaging and organisational circular economy;
- Sustainability goal setting, data collection for modelling and analysis, and reporting;
- Regulatory, policy and best practice research and support for product sustainability; and
- Solution implementation and strategy development.
The ideal applicant will have relevant experience, an industry or consulting background and a keen grasp of the technical requirements of the role. You will be expected to keep abreast of changing packaging and product sustainability market dynamics and implement strategic and tactical initiatives in response to emerging opportunities.
- 5 + years’ experience, ideally including consultancy experience;
- Environment/sustainability degree or engineering, science, economics degree or equivalent practical experience;
- Experience of leading the management of multiple complex commercially and politically sensitive projects;
- Eco design experience or background (product & packaging focused);
- Working knowledge of packaging and product sustainability landscape regulations drivers for change in the UK and EU;
- Strong analytical skills and Excel skills and data visualisation experience; and
- Strong communication skills and experience with a track record of facilitating client meetings, workshops with large groups of stakeholders and delivering presentations.
- An international perspective on global the packaging and product sustainability landscape, regulations and drivers for change
- Experience in delivering technical packaging and product sustainability support to producers either in-house or in a consultancy capacity
- An understanding and experience of working with outputs from produce product and packaging data management systems
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Previous background or passion for sustainability preferred;
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment;
- Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis;
To apply for this role please follow the link, please do not apply via email. Applicants who do not complete the assessment will not be considered for the role.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.