Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We believe that transformative, cross-sectoral action is required to rise to the challenge of the Decisive Decade, and we exist to make sustainability happen.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, working with more than eight hundred clients, across seventeen countries. Our team combines broad and deep sustainability expertise with the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more. Our success will depend on attracting, empowering and growing world-class leaders who can help to harness our capabilities and resources for transformational shared value creation.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Consultant to support our growing work helping clients to design, implement and manage supplier engagement and capacity-building programs for their supply chains. As our leading clients set more ambitious sustainability goals and policies, they can no longer just focus on their own company operations. Engaging the supply chain is a challenging but critical area for companies to drive environmental and social transformation.
This role will be client-facing and require direct engagement with a significant volume of suppliers as well as client Sustainability, Sourcing and/or Procurement teams. This role will focus on establishing engagement program policies and processes, setting up and maintaining supplier tracking and data-collection systems, developing supplier-facing guidance and training materials, and directly communicating with and responding to supplier questions
Projects and clients will span across a diverse set of industries, ranging from Technology to Consumer Goods, to Food and Agriculture, and may focus on a variety of sustainability focus areas, such as greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs)/science-based targets (SBTs), water and/or waste to diversity, equity and inclusion metrics and activities.
- At least 4-years professional experience (a master’s degree may account for two of these years)
- Proven work experience working in supply chain, sourcing/procurement, or any supplier-facing role
- An established understanding of sustainability issues is preferred, especially around energy and greenhouse gas emissions, science-based targets, supplier diversity, or other relevant topics.
- Excellent communications, project management, and consulting skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
- Able to work on virtual teams across different time zones
Our ideal candidate will be someone who really wants to flourish in a technical analytics environment at the leading edge of sustainability.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.