Anthesis is the sustainability activator. Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 650+ experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
Summary of role:
Anthesis’ Sustainable Finance offering specialises in tailored Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) transactional due diligence, strategy and advisory services to enhance investments and facilitate access to capital. In addition, the team supports corporate sector clients with more traditional Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) transaction due diligence services to assess potential EHS related liabilities during transactions.
Anthesis is looking to appoint a highly motivated and passionate Senior Consultant to sustain the growth in activity in this exciting area of ESG, with both domestic and global investor clients. There will also be an opportunity to support the wider Strategy, Brand and ESG team, which offers a wide range of strategy and communication consulting services including materiality assessments, strategy development, data collection and management, sustainability/ESG reporting and training.
The role location is flexible but will be primarily based in one of Anthesis’ five UK offices in Bristol, Edinburgh, London, Oxford or Manchester. The dynamic nature of our work may necessitate you to work from other Anthesis and/or clients’ offices from time-to-time. Additionally, given the international nature of the Anthesis business and the needs of our clients, this may lead to the need to participate in overseas work.
At Anthesis we promote a flat and open culture so as not to constrain our talented staff in hierarchical management structures. Anthesis encourage business development, cross-selling and collaboration across the business, by all Anthesis colleagues, and you would have the opportunity to join groups which facilitate you to do this.
- A degree/relevant qualification in a related field (finance, sustainability, environmental management, geography etc.).
- Previous experience, a passion for sustainability and an interest in being at the forefront of sustainability and sustainable finance.
- Curious, open minded and enthusiastic.
- Organised, methodical and analytical.
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to the dynamic, fast moving finance sector;
- Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis.
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative.
- Well presented with a professional manner to act as a brand ambassador which flexes and is appropriate for the specific client environment and circumstances.
- Ideally 4-8 years’ experience in a related position (ESG advisory, ESG/EHS due diligence, financial services consulting).
- Whilst we are not expecting candidates to necessarily have extensive experience in sustainability and finance both from an ESG and EHS perspective, experience of one or both of the following is anticipated:
- sustainability topics, key ESG standards and frameworks and latest developments in the ESG and sustainable finance space, including EU Taxonomy, SFDR, TCFD, SDGs and SASB etc.
- technical understanding of environmental contamination issues and liabilities as well as key UK and EU regulations and international standards and ability to assess their applicability to a Target Company/operation.
- Understanding of the due diligence process and demonstrable experience in managing and coordinating data room reviews, management interviews and engaging with clients and stakeholders (e.g. legal advisors).
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate autonomous working and have an interest in a range of different project types and client sectors.
· Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company;
· Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team;
· Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects on a global basis;
· Competitive salary in line with education, experience and skills;
· Cooperative, supportive and open working atmosphere.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.