Summary of role: Anthesis, a rapidly growing global sustainability, product and supply chain and technology consultancy, is looking for a Senior Engineer to join the business.
As a Sr. Engineer – Regulatory Compliance, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark on the leading-edge. Anthesis is recruiting for a full time position to evaluate, validate and manage supplier-provided product environmental technical data and information. To be successful, familiarity with chemistry, part and material substance composition, lab analysis techniques, Bill of Material (BOM) structures, and relevant global product environmental compliance laws and regulations will all be desirable. You will also develop and implement processes necessary to ensure compliance with worldwide hazardous substances regulations (ROHS/REACH), conflict minerals and related areas.
How you will contribute:
Following are lists of responsibilities but these are not exhaustive. Other responsibilities may be assigned depending on the needs of projects.
- Review, validate and process supplier-provided material composition content information including lab reports for mechanical, electronics, and electrical parts according to defined protocols;
- Track supplier performance and provide periodic metrics reports;
- Audit laboratory reports and report findings to client;
- Onboard, train and assist suppliers on how to prepare and submit material declarations. Prepare various internal and customer reports based on supplier-provided full material disclosure (FMD) information;
- Collect and validate data related to conflict minerals, rare earth minerals, and other critical substances;
- Assess risk associated with material composition of parts and assemblies;
- Define and deliver business processes to collect and manage other environmental, carbon, and sustainability-related supplier data.
- Normal work hours will be first (day) shift but you may be asked to work on another shift as the needs of a project demand.
- Document material and substance content of parts and materials based on technical sources;
- Develop and document business processes to satisfy client needs;
- Maintain project records, prepare technical and other reports as requested to document progress and results achieved. Recommend and implement changes for continuous improvement;
- Review and approve applicable Part Change Requests, Specification Requests and Revisions;
- Recommend process and tool improvements to increase material declaration accuracy and reduce cycle times;
- Contribute sound professional advice and creative new ideas, concepts and approaches relative to new project design and development;
- Counsel, train and check the work of junior engineers/engineers and technical support personnel in technical areas as required or requested.
- Chinese and/or Japanese spoken and written technical language capability
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English
- Electronics industry experience, knowledge of electronics manufacturing, bills of materials (BoMs), and materials typically used in electronics manufacturing
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional License (Passed Board/Professional License Exam) in Engineering (Chemical/Materials/Metallurgical/Environmental) or equivalent experience.
- Regulatory Compliance, RoHS, REACH, WEEE, ISO 14001.
- At least 3 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- 1-3 Years Experienced Employees specializing in Engineering – Chemical/Materials or equivalent, Procurement/Supply Chain, Design and Component Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of IPC 1752, Full Material Disclosure (FMD), Supplier Support, Materials Composition and Compliance
- Experience with supplier capability development, including training, education and meeting facilitation.
- Occasional travel may be required for meeting with regulatory agencies, trade group associations, and customers.
- The successful candidate must report to work in Pasig City.
- S. degree in Environmental/Materials Science and Engineering
- Carbon Footprint, Sustainability, Conflict Minerals
Anthesis is an equal opportunity employer. The aim of our policy is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
To apply please send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.