Senior or Principal Consultant: UK Cities & Regions Service Lead
Anthesis is the sustainability activator. Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 1000+ experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
· Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company;
· Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team;
· Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects on a global basis;
· Competitive salary in line with education, experience and skills;
· Cooperative, supportive and open working atmosphere;
· Senior or Principal role title will be determined based on applicant experience
Summary of role:
We are looking for a Senior or Principal Consultant (dependant on experience) to join our UK Cities & Regions team (Climate and Decarbonisation team), to help us grow our insetting services. The successful candidate will primarily focus on developing our innovative Authority Based Insetting services, which seeks to enable local authority boroughs accelerate their transition to net zero (further details provided below). The candidate would also support the wider team on our reporting, monitoring, engagement, strategy and digital solutions that we are delivering to cities and regions.
The role location is flexible, but, subject to COVID-19 guidance, will be primarily based in one of Anthesis’ five UK offices in Bristol, Edinburgh, London, Oxford or Manchester. The dynamic nature of our work may necessitate you to work from other Anthesis and/or clients’ offices from time-to-time. Additionally, given the international nature of the Anthesis business and the needs of our clients, this may lead to the need to participate in overseas work
At Anthesis we promote a flat and open culture so as not to constrain our talented staff in hierarchical management structures. Anthesis encourage business development, cross-selling and collaboration across the business, by all Anthesis colleagues, and you would have the opportunity to join groups which facilitate you to do this.
· Working with local authorities to help them make progress on their climate mitigation and adaptation activities. · Supporting the delivery of Authority Based Insetting ‘Phase 2’ Framework project; which currently involves over 15 local authorities nationally, where the candidate would support its widespread adoption and application within the UK;
· Helping councils to build effective private-public partnerships; engaging with various public and private sector stakeholders outside of the local authority;
· Helping to identify low-carbon project opportunities and new sources of investment;
· Working with local authorities to help them set up and/or manage a local environment fund;
· Helping local authorities better report project impacts;
· Engaging with various departments within a local authority, including (but not limited to) economic development, finance & treasury, estates, parks & countryside and other relevant climate change officers or working groups;
· Co-ordinating and/or performing low-carbon project validation, reporting and verification activities;
· Supporting project transactional matters, working with the council’s finance & treasury teams to design or enhancing existing processes to be as efficient as possible;
· Supporting on bids and low carbon grant funding applications from central government;
· Co-ordinating and/or liaising with Anthesis’s Carbon Analyst team to leverage best practice carbon accounting knowledge and tools;
· Working with the Anthesis Cities & Regions team to expand service offerings across other UK Local Authorities;
· Working with other Anthesis Marketing team to connect in other private sector investors, project developers, and also generate opportunities for our energy systems engineering service solutions; and
· Leading, mentoring and inspiring junior colleagues to develop their careers and technically review their work.