Anthesis is the sustainability activator!
Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 1100+ experts operating in 42 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
At Anthesis Group, we are truly committed to putting people and our planet at the heart of all we do.
We encourage all employees to contribute their ideas, perspectives, and experiences to help us create an inclusive and equitable workplace. By embracing diversity and providing equal opportunities, we believe we can drive innovation, foster creativity, and achieve our shared goals. So, if you’re ready to be a part of something truly extraordinary, then we want you! Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Together, we can continue to build a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to your application process, or need this job advert in a different format, just let us know and we’ll be happy to help.
Summary of Role:
Working as part of a specialist team of consultants developing solutions in the renewable energy sector Support delivery of energy-related projects, particularly related to the provision of process and mechanical engineering support and the delivery of projects from other business areas as appropriate.
Supervise and take responsibility for the technical quality of work carried out by junior staff in accordance with Anthesis procedures. As well as support the expansion of the Decarbonisation team and the mentoring of junior engineers.
- 5+ years’ (Senior Engineer) or 10+ years’ (Principal Engineer) experience in a relevant position
- Engineering Degree in or equivalent in one of the following: Chemical, Process, Mechanical, or Building Facilities. Post-graduate qualification a plus.
- Chartered status within a relevant Professional Institution
- Experience of process and mechanical design principles and procedures
- Familiarity with design codes, standards, and industry best practice
- High attention to detail and accuracy and quality in all work
- Experience in developing process flow diagrams and heat and mass balances
- Experience in interpreting and developing piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Able to easily interpret technical and functional data and drawings alongside contractual requirements.
- Practical understanding of heat and power generating technologies such as boilers, engines, heat pumps, steam and gas turbines and associated balance of plant
- Experience in site construction, commissioning and operational practices
- Lead detail design and specification of process and mechanical designs for energy and related projects
- Lead due diligence studies and decarbonation studies and strategies.
- Deep knowledge of renewable technologies, solutions and their practical implementation
- Ensure that the technical content of the work carried out is correct and completed in accordance with the agreed timescales and budget, and ensure that project delivery meets the client’s objectives and requirements
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development of others
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required.
- Assist in the preparation of implementation budgets and cost estimates.
- Participate in the preparation/presentation of proposals/bids as required including estimating timescales and costs for proposed works.
- Support the Directors in shaping the direction of the bioenergy and renewables market and qualifying opportunities.
- Represent the culture and ethos in the delivery of safety, health, and environment management.
- Manage multiple stakeholders and resolve commercial and technical matters.
- Ability to focus on the requirements of the task in hand and to recognise and exploit potential variations in scope.
- Good time management and able to meet (multiple) deadlines.
- Receptive to new challenges
- Ability to mentor less experienced members of staff, particularly in regard to quality control
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure business and project deadlines are met.
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills, able to manage and diffuse challenging situations.
- Able to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- High personal credibility and professionalism within the business and clients
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ideally with experience in business development, project management and client management
- Ability to speak fluently and communicate effectively in written reports and oral presentations
- Flexibility, including the ability to travel throughout the UK and internationally
Your Benefits (UK only):
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team
- Work solely on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients
- Opportunity to work with, collaborate with and learn from sustainability SME’s who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects on a global basis
- Competitive salary in line with, experience and skills
- Competitive benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday and two volunteering days off, Christmas Shutdown, and the day off for your Birthday!
- Cooperative, supportive and open working atmosphere.