Anthesis is the Sustainability Activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive and are committed to the importance of this ‘decisive decade’. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. Our company combines the deep expertise of boutiques with the reach of big professional services groups, bringing the commercial and operational capabilities it takes to deliver real change.
Our company brings together the largest dedicated group of sustainability experts in the world, with over 500 experts working across our offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East. Our culture is founded on the empowerment of great people, working in agile teams, in a high-ownership, high-accountability environment. We are proud of what we have achieved so far with Anthesis, but we know we have a duty and an opportunity to contribute much more.
This is a great opportunity to play a leading role in a dynamic, rapidly growing, global business specialising in sustainability services and solutions, founded on the belief that sustainable business practices are at the heart of long-term commercial success.
Our waste management and resource efficiency specialists advise investors and developers to make informed waste infrastructure investment decisions; advise operators and asset managers to optimise the value of their assets and manage risks; and advise governments and authorities to understand current and future requirements for waste infrastructure. Working within our wider Sustainable Consumption and Production Community, we advise stakeholders throughout the supply chain to minimise waste and to recover value from unavoidable waste through specialist experience in markets for secondary materials. We collaborate with other in-house specialists in carbon management and environmental, social and governance due diligence to provide holistic advice to clients.
To meet the high demand for our waste and resource management expertise from UK and global clients, we are looking to recruit a waste and resource management specialist at Senior Consultant level. The successful candidate will have an outstanding track record of delivering client reports covering a broad range of relevant issues and providing client focussed project management, as well as having a clear understanding the waste and resource management sector.
Our waste and resource management team provides commercially focused advice. You will have the opportunity to lead and support projects including commercial and market due diligence to support investment decisions; assessing waste arisings and infrastructure needs and opportunities; advising companies seeking to transition to a circular economy business model; assessing processes for waste recycling and recovery and their ability to manufacture secondary raw materials to the required quality to access markets; and providing strategic support to waste management companies.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who wants to flourish in a technical analytics environment at the leading edge of sustainability. You will have a relevant background in waste or sustainability industry or regulation, giving you a keen grasp of the waste & resources and wider environmental sector, and preferably proven consulting experience. You will be expected to keep abreast of changing circular economy market dynamics, waste sector trends and technology developments, and implement strategic and tactical initiatives in response to emerging opportunities. An understanding and experience of effective project management is essential.
- Environment/sustainability degree or engineering, science, economics degree and practical experience;
- Working knowledge of the UK or European waste market and circularity;
- An understanding of the UK or European waste & resource sector regulatory & policy environment;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide robust evidence to underpin business decisions;
- Excellent project management and ability to lead project teams;
- High quality and professional report writing (MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
- An international perspective on global waste markets and infrastructure;
- Experience in delivering waste and secondary commodity market assessments, commercial due diligence, studies and waste management infrastructure evaluation for project developers, investors & lenders, intermediaries or procuring authorities or brands/manufacturing sector;
- Experience of supporting private sector clients to identify and implement lasting environmental sustainability improvements alongside commercial success;
- An additional language would be an advantage
Personal attributes and qualities:
- Over 5 years’ experience in waste and resource management;
- Output driven and accountable;
- Flexible and innovative with the confidence to use initiative;
- Self-motivated and collaborative problem solver;
- Organized, analytical, prepared and professional;
- Skilled communicator;
- Ambitious, committed and willing to develop
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.