Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
This is a great opportunity to play a leading role in a dynamic, rapidly-growing, global business specializing in sustainability services and solutions, founded on the belief that sustainable business practices are at the heart of long-term commercial success.
Key Experience and Responsibilities
To sustain the growth in activity in our service area from domestic and global clients, we are keen to provide additional support to meet our clients’ needs in an exciting area of sustainability management. We are looking to recruit a specialist with an outstanding track record of delivering client reports, waste data and infrastructure modelling and client focussed project management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Client, team and project management
- Project related research, modelling and analysis
- Drafting technical and market reports with the responsibility
for creating and finalising client facing documents
- Delivering on-line engagement activities
- Establishing new business opportunities
- Providing content for blogs and marketing activities
The ideal applicant will have relevant experience, in waste or sustainability industry, or a consulting background. You will need a keen grasp of the technical requirements of the role. You will be expected to keep abreast of changing circular economy market dynamics, waste technology developments and implement strategic and tactical initiatives in response to emerging opportunities.
- Environment/sustainability degree or engineering, science, economics degree or equivalent practical experience
- Working knowledge of the UK or European waste market and circularity
- Strong analytical skills and advanced Excel competency
- High quality and professional report writing (Word, PowerPoint)
- An international perspective on global waste markets and infrastructure
- Experience in delivering waste and secondary commodity market assessments, commercial due diligence studies and waste management infrastructure evaluation for project developers, investors & lender, intermediaries or procuring authorities or brands/manufacturing sector
- An understanding of EPR and the plastic/packaging landscape globally
- An additional language would be an advantage
Personal attributes and qualities
- Output driven and accountable
- Flexible and innovative
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Organized, prepared and professional
- Skilled communicator
- Ambitious and willing to develop
What drives Anthesis?
- Using the financial drivers of business to create environmental, economic and social change. Supporting commercial success that goes hand in hand with sustainability.
- Creating shared value and return on investment. Enabling business that recognizes the economic value of nature and communities.
- Delivering real and lasting change for a sustainable future. Benchmarking performance today, visualising a better tomorrow.
- Providing evidence and deep expertise to underpin robust business decisions. Capturing data and material issues with technical integrity.
- Understanding business needs, solving problems in a collaborative way and delivering solutions at scale.
- Helping to define the destination and supporting the journey to get there. Thinking and doing holistically, offering local gateways to a global resource.
- Attracting the best people with honest leadership, passionate, committed teams and an open, transparent culture.
- Encouraging success, innovation and creativity.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who really wants to flourish in a technical analytics environment at the leading edge of sustainability.
To apply for this role please follow the link below, please do not apply via email. Applicants who do not complete the assessment will not be considered for the role:
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.