Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
This is a great opportunity to play a leading role in a dynamic, rapidly-growing, global business specializing in sustainability services and solutions, founded on the belief that sustainable business practices are at the heart of long-term commercial success.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.
You will be an integral member of the Software Team and your role will include the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developer or Lead developer (depending on experience) for selected Python/Django applications, including supporting the Product Owner and other stakeholders, as required, on specification and design issues
- Design of the software architecture
- Assisting with support and development for other projects, as required
- Presenting ideas for system improvements
- Analysing user requirements
- Working closely with other staff, such as product owners, graphic artists, UX designers, other developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Maintaining systems once they are up and running
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Ideally 2+ years’ experience in relevant work (5+ for Lead Developer)
- In-depth knowledge of Python
- Experience of Django framework
- Self-motivation and curiosity
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Able to work independently
- Experience of traceability systems, natural resource management and/or the waste sector an advantage
What drives Anthesis?
- Using the financial drivers of business to create environmental, economic and social change. Supporting commercial success that goes hand in hand with sustainability.
- Creating shared value and return on investment. Enabling business that recognizes the economic value of nature and communities.
- Delivering real and lasting change for a sustainable future. Benchmarking performance today, visualising a better tomorrow.
- Providing evidence and deep expertise to underpin robust business decisions. Capturing data and material issues with technical integrity.
- Understanding business needs, solving problems in a collaborative way and delivering solutions at scale.
- Helping to define the destination and supporting the journey to get there. Thinking and doing holistically, offering local gateways to a global resource.
- Attracting the best people with honest leadership, passionate, committed teams and an open, transparent culture.
- Encouraging success, innovation and creativity.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who really wants to flourish in a technical analytics environment at the leading edge of sustainability.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter as attachments by email, citing Software Developer – Python in the subject of the email, to firstname.lastname@example.org