Anthesis is the sustainability activator!
Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 1100+ experts operating in 42 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
At Anthesis Group, we are truly committed to putting people and our planet at the heart of all we do.
We encourage all employees to contribute their ideas, perspectives, and experiences to help us create an inclusive and equitable workplace. By embracing diversity and providing equal opportunities, we believe we can drive innovation, foster creativity, and achieve our shared goals. So, if you’re ready to be a part of something truly extraordinary, then we want you! Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Together, we can continue to build a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to your application process, or need this job advert in a different format, just let us know and we’ll be happy to help.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in a relevant position
- Engineering Degree in or equivalent in one of the following: Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Electrical or Building Facilities. Post-graduate qualification a plus.
- Chartered status within a relevant Professional Institution
- Experience winning and delivering energy projects, including managing and directing complex projects to a successful conclusion.
- Experience developing and implementing business plans, ideally in a consultancy environment
- Ensure that Health & Safety is considered as an integral part of any design and construction solution including adherence to statutory and company procedures to identify and mitigate risk and to inform others of any residual hazards.
- Recognise opportunities for cross-selling within current client contacts and manage commissions to realise these opportunities in consultation with others as appropriate. Ensure that opportunities are maximised within current frameworks and projects.
- Manage relationships with individual client contacts (internal as well as external) to maximise opportunities across the business whilst providing a high standard of service.
- Build external reputation through consistent demonstration of professional expertise and behaviour.
- Provide technical governance on projects to ensure a “technically excellent” solution in accordance with the client’s brief.
- Ensure that the technical content of the work carried out is correct and completed in accordance within the agreed timescales and budget,
- Work autonomously to translate client briefs to deliver required projects and outputs from inception to completion.
- Provide coordinated engineering services input at all project stages.
- Act as project sponsor and/or project manager as required, managing the team and liaising with the client.
- Deep understanding of heat and power generating technologies such as boilers, engines, heat pumps, steam and gas turbines and associated balance of plant
- Successful record of project delivery in the renewable energy sector more specifically in the energy from waste sector particularly using advanced conversation technologies.
- Significant demonstrable technical experience in bioenergy and related subjects
- Produce Technical Due Diligence and Expert Witness documentation.
- Undertake all aspects of bioenergy projects and support other parts of the business delivering solutions to challenging projects as required.
- Deep understanding of quality management systems and processes, financial project management systems, business and commercial issues.
- Ability to source and develop new business opportunities.
- Proven experience in the delivery of projects including programming, resourcing and monitoring.
- Promote an ingrained culture of ‘right first time’ and ability to motivate juniors to achieve this. Proven ability in the leadership and motivation of individuals and teams
- High personal credibility and professionalism within the business
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ideally with experience in business development, project management and client management
- Ability to speak fluently and communicate effectively in written reports and oral presentations
- Flexibility, including the ability to travel throughout the UK and internationally.
Your Benefits (UK only)
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team
- Work solely on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients
- Opportunity to work with, collaborate with and learn from sustainability SME’s who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects on a global basis
- Competitive salary in line with, experience and skills
- Competitive benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday and two volunteering days off, Christmas Shutdown, and the day off for your Birthday!
- Cooperative, supportive and open working atmosphere.