“ Sustainability is at the very heart of what we do – working with other organisations to develop, manage and promote their social and environmental activities. But this isn’t just a business strategy; each individual at Anthesis is personally committed to sustainability and actively looks for ways to make a difference.“
We are pleased to present our 2023 sustainability policy.
As the world’s largest group of dedicated sustainability experts, we are aware of our organisation’s impacts on an environmental and societal level.
As a fully certified B Corp™ we are legally bound to manage these impacts, for the benefit of all our stakeholders – our employees, our clients, our suppliers, our shareholders – and of course, for society and the environment at large.
Transparency is a core value of our organisation, and we are committed to openly communicating our sustainability progress with all our stakeholders.
To ensure a sustainable best-practice approach and to deliver meaningful impact at a global scale, we commit to:
- Regularly monitor and report on our progress across the five B Corp Impact Areas: Governance, Workers, Community, Environment and Customers. We have produced a B Impact Report to track our progress over the two years (2021-2022) since certifying as a B Corp.
B IMPACT REPORT
- Report performance against our Corporate Responsibility objectives and targets which are aligned to the B Corp Impact Areas. Our Global Corporate Responsibility Steering Committee drive and track progress in monthly meetings and update our targets annually to ensure we are addressing the improvement areas identified from our B Corp assessment.
- Manage and reduce our negative environmental impacts by setting a Science Based Target (SBTi) and implementing an emission reduction strategy that focuses on maximising energy efficiency, preventing pollution, choosing lower emission transport options, maximising resource efficiency and implementing circular solutions, minimising homeworking impacts, and protecting biodiversity.
- Progress towards our 2040 Net Zero commitment through our Carbon Reduction Plan.
- Drive positive impacts for our communities through volunteering, sustainability education, and charitable giving on a local, national, and international level.
- Activate sustainable performance with our clients to tackle the planet’s greatest challenges. Our Activator Approach helps our clients embed a commitment to sustainability into their business to unleash their performance through positive impact.
- Support other organisations with the B Corp accreditation process to enable them on their journey to a more sustainable existence.
- Manage our business in a responsible way, operating fairly and transparently, and expect our business partners and supply chain to do the same.
- Comply with all applicable legislation, regulations, and codes of practice, as well as voluntary commitments where appropriate.
- Uphold human rights in our business and supply chain by adopting best practices as set out in the International Standards and Principles such as the International Labour Organisation (ILO), Rugge Framework, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Modern Slavery Act.
- Procure goods and services that match our values, help to reduce our negative impacts, and deliver positive impacts on the environment and society.
- Treat our employees fairly – fair working conditions, opportunities for development, equal opportunities, and protecting their health, safety, and wellbeing.
- Promote and communicate the ‘Anthesis Spirit’ to our employees, to reflect the importance of how we engage with each other, our clients and the wider world. The Anthesis Spirit is our behaviour code and how we go about delivering true impact.
Chief Sustainability Officer & Executive Director