In episode 12, our host Chris Peterson is joined by Anthesis Principal Consultants Elena Kocherovsky and Honor Cowen to discuss COVID-19 implications for supply chain relationships in the apparel industry. They draw connections between social and environmental sustainability and discuss opportunities to #buildbackbetter.
Elena and Honor share insights related to these guiding questions:
- What is the significance of the economic, health and social impacts of COVID on the apparel industry?
- How are companies responding and are they pivoting to a longer term view or still reacting?
- How are climate change and social issues connected in the apparel industry?
- Is there any advice in order to build back better? What directions should apparel companies move into?
At Anthesis, we recognize we are not an authority on the role of systematic racism in the apparel industry. We understand that many social issues in supply chains are perpetuated by racial inequity. We look to expertise of other who are leading in this important work to deepen our understanding of the connections across issues. Below is a non-exhaustive list of resources we’ve found useful, and we encourage you to also seek out additional voices to learn from.
- Racism is at the heart of fast fashion — it’s time for change
- Sustainable Fashion’s Race Problem
- Fix fashion industry’s racism
- Fashion Revolution – an organization that advocates for a clean, safe, fair, transparent and accountable fashion industry.
Honor is a Principal Consultant and leads the Retail sector for the North America team, focusing on sustainability issues across both own operations and supply chains. Get in contact with Honor for more information: Honor.Cowen@anthesisgroup.com
Elena is also a Principal Consultant at Anthesis specializing in supply chain impacts and engagement within the apparel, footwear and broader consumer retail sector. She formerly worked for the Sustainable Apparel Coalition. Get in contact with Elena for more information: Elena.Kocherovsky@anthesisgroup.com
We'd love to hear from you
Anthesis has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, South Africa, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Andorra, Finland, Colombia, Brazil, China, Australia, Switzerland, Singapore, the Philippines and the Middle East.