Is Streamlined LCA Right for You?
Our experience tells us that companies can benefit from the Streamlined LCA approach in many instances, including if businesses:
- Want actionable and accessible information from your LCAs
- Perform multiple LCAs
- Have numerous product lines
- Have complex products
- Think in terms of business KPIs like “zero waste” and “zero virgin fibre” that go beyond carbon and the scope of traditional LCA tools
- Are concerned about Scope 3 sustainability
- Want to improve the sustainability of packaging
With the main environmental and social impacts of their products and activities usually embedded in their supply chains, businesses cannot significantly improve their sustainability without improving their products and packaging.
Streamlined Lifecycle Assessments
Carrying out lifecycle assessments (LCAs) can provide unprecedented insight into the environmental impacts of your products, services and business operations. However, it can be a time and cost-intensive task and is not always required to unveil significant impact reduction opportunities. For this reason, businesses are simplifying this process by using a simpler form of LCA known as Streamlined LCA (or Screening LCA).
This is a solution which:
- Identifies and focuses in on the main impacts in relation to a product or process and allows key issues to be explored in more detail where necessary.
- Provides an agile and cost-effective alternative.
- Uses a combination of qualitative and quantitative approaches to evaluate impacts.
- Allows the user to “design out” the main impacts of a product through the lifecycle.
We have helped multiple large, global companies deploy Streamlined LCA solutions as a core backbone underpinning their sustainability strategies, by enabling discretional access and manipulation rights. Our support has enabled companies to do 3-5 times as many Streamlined LCAs for the budget of a single LCA, and in significantly less time.
Complete this form to download the guidance document
Streamlined Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Tools and Green Design
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this topic further, send an email to our key contact, Berta Mota.