Waste Planning Services
Waste planning and management is essential to get right for both the public and private sector clients. Waste planning authorities (WPAs) must prepare a Waste Local Plan with the aim of identifying opportunities to meet the needs of an area. This plan includes ensuring suitable sites and facilities are located to enable waste management for a specific area.
Private developers and operators must then meet the aims of the Local Plan, as well as gaining planning consent for new projects that fit in line with the waste planning framework.
Our Waste Planning Services
Our Anthesis waste team have significant experience and knowledge across all aspects of waste planning, including:
- All stages of Local Plan preparation
- Town planning legislation, guidance and standards
- Preparing Waste Plans and collation of evidence bases
- Site appraisals
- Waste arisings forecasting and capacity gap analysis
- Waste markets, infrastructure and technologies
Waste planning support for the public sector
From helping you to prepare your waste plan and providing waste data and analysis for reports, to incorporating management into new developments and offering training in all aspects of waste planning, Anthesis can help your local area when it comes to waste.
We specialise in supporting WPAs, local planning authorities and devolved governments in:
- Waste planning
- Authority Monitoring Reports
- Waste and recycling management into new developments
- Managing and meeting the Duty to Co-operate requirements
- Training and advice – all aspects of waste planning in the UK
Waste planning support for the private sector
Our team can provide support and advise to waste operators and developers when it comes to planning applications, waste plan representations and finding suitable waste sites. Specifically, we can help in the development site waste management plans, shaping strategy, incorporating small facilities into major regeneration schemes and new site analysis, amongst other areas. If you have any specific enquiries, do get in touch.
- Advising on planning applications
- Waste plan representations
- Finding suitable waste sites
Our waste planning support PDF guide will give you much more information on how we can help your organisation.
Some of our recent clients who we’ve supported with waste planning include: Defra, Cheshire West and Chester Council, City of London Corporation, The Environment Agency, Durham County Council