Over 140 local and combined authorities in the UK use Anthesis’ SCATTER tool to standardise their greenhouse gas reporting and align to international frameworks. SCATTER generates a compliant emissions inventory and can be used to develop a credible decarbonisation pathway to implement in line with emissions targets. Outputs are presented in clear and graphical charts to assist interpretation of the data.
The message from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is clear and unequivocal – we must rapidly decarbonise the global economy to limit rising temperatures and avoid the worst impacts of climate change. Holding the world to a temperature increase of 1.5°C is still technically possible, but it requires us to accelerate our efforts, cutting global carbon emissions by 45% from 2010 levels by 2030 and reaching net zero emissions by 2050.
Anthesis supports cities, businesses and investors in using climate information more effectively to make investment decisions, manage their impact and adapt their operations. We help private companies and public bodies with climate impact reporting and delivery plans, whether via CDP, DJSI and GRI frameworks or in direct response to the recommendations from the Task Force for Climate Related Disclosures (TCFD) released in 2017.
How we do it
- Emissions inventories – we quantify the impact, set the baseline and define future projections at a national, regional or local level.
- Local mitigation and renewable energy plans – we prepare municipal roadmaps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- National Mitigation Strategies – we support the implementation of different mitigation instruments: National Scale Mitigation (NAMAs), National Predicted Contributions (INDC) or Low Emissions Development Strategies (LEDS).
- Vulnerability studies – we analyse climate risks, map vulnerabilities and study the degree of resilience of territories and economic sectors.
- Local adaptation plans – we prepare municipal roadmaps that integrate with existing planning or management instruments.
- National adaptation strategies – we evaluate impacts and climate vulnerability with the help of regional stakeholders and partners.
SCATTER [Anthesis city carbon footprint tool] offers an important opportunity for us to come together as a city to work out what we want our low carbon future to look like, how we can work together and how we can maximise the health, employment and quality of life benefits for our citizens.
We'd love to hear from you
Anthesis has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK, France, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, Colombia, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.