Anthesis understands the issues associated with developments in both green and brownfield areas. Our team has conducted ecological and associated studies for more than 200 projects in over 30 countries.
Ecology assessments are designed to mitigate our impact on the natural land and conversation areas. In the context of infrastructure development, they’re often required as part of planning applications and can help inform buying decisions.
Our ecology team has extensive experience in undertaking comprehensive baseline biodiversity investigations and detailed ecological impact assessments to identify the nature and extent of these impacts. We can help you to develop mitigation and compensation strategies to ensure that ecological impacts are avoided or reduced to within acceptable limits.
How to develop strategies for ecosystems:
- Feasibility studies
- Baseline biodiversity assessments and ecological impact assessments – conducted in line with compliance with local legislation, as well as regional and international environmental treaties.
- Green building certification – we can help you prevent negative ecological impacts as part of masterplans and large-scale developments through green building certification.
- Ecological management plans – we are able to develop comprehensive action and management plans to ensure regulatory compliance and demonstrate environmental performance.
- Biodiversity action plans – we are able to develop integrated action plans that serve to maintain and improve biodiversity in accordance with the UN Convention on Biological Diversity requirements
- Compliance monitoring and audits.
- Rehabilitation, restoration and remediation plans.
- Development of protected species translocation and compensation plans.
Our team can develop ecology impact assessments in accordance with World Bank Standards and the Equator Principles. These can be seamlessly integrated into Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs).
All biodiversity and ecology studies are conducted and reported based on sound scientific principles to ensure the veracity of results, findings and recommendations.Find out more about our other environmental assessment services
We'd love to hear from you
Anthesis has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, South Africa, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Andorra, Finland, Colombia, Brazil, China, Australia, Switzerland, Singapore, the Philippines and the Middle East.