We are a B Corp
We are proud to be a B Corp, joining other like-minded corporations that use business as a force for good to build a more sustainable future.
FIND OUT MORE
What is a B Corp?
A B Corporation is a business that has chosen to join the global movement for an inclusive, equitable, and sustainable economy. A B Corp uses business as a force for good; it is purpose-driven and creates benefit for all stakeholders, not just shareholders.
What is a B Corp Certification?
B Corp Certification is a designation that an organisation has committed to meet a set of high standards, focusing on social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability, in order to balance profit and purpose. Unlike other certifications for businesses, a B Corp Certification measures a company’s entire social and environmental impact.
The B Corp certification is awarded based on a business’s ability to evidence that they meet a minimum standard against the following 5 impact areas: workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment.
In a noisy marketplace with consumers looking for positive businesses, it is difficult for companies to differentiate their sustainability story.
B Corp certification enables companies to prove their sustainability credentials and demonstrate a purpose-driven approach.
Why become a B Corp?
Increasingly, stakeholders are demanding more information on companies’ positive and negative impacts, compelling corporations of all sizes into action. This has meant that commitment to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) is growing in importance year-on-year and is now a fundamental element to company statements, visions, and values.
Additionally, evidence is mounting that businesses that stand for solving societal challenges are performing better than those that don’t, driven by a new wave of consumers that care about impact, alongside value and quality of products and services.
Becoming a B Corp is a clear public commitment to the highest social and environmental standards, as the business is required to undergo a strict verification process every three years in order to recertify.
Furthermore, B Corps reap remarkable benefits. Purpose-driven businesses see increased customer commitment, higher levels of employee engagement, and enhanced relationships with stakeholders, all while building a positive, future-proof business. A B Corp certification proves your purpose-driven approach.
Anthesis B Leaders
Our B Leaders at Anthesis are experienced sustainability professionals who have been trained to support companies on their B Corp journeys. Our team of consultants can support with each element of the accreditation process, from undertaking the initial assessment to providing the tools to ensure continual improvement of your environmental and social performance.
We support companies with the following B Corp accreditation services
Anthesis’ global B Corp advisors are ready to support you throughout the B Corp process and beyond.
Our approach for B Corp accreditation covers the steps below:
- Context and structure – Is this the right certification for your organisation? We evaluate your corporate structure and ambitions and review your existing initiatives to understand how they align with B Corp certification.
- Buy in – Are stakeholders engaged? We engage senior management to understand the commercial value of B Corp through interviews, presentations, and training programmes.
- Data gathering and assessment – What data is available? We work with key stakeholders to gather the necessary information against the five areas of impact and support in undertaking the initial B Corp assessment.
- B Corp audits and gap analysis – Where are the gaps and opportunities for improvement? We work with you to determine any key gaps against B Corp criteria and data points to identify areas for improvement.
- Operationalise – What do you need to do to close the gaps and improve? We develop roadmaps, policies, and procedures and provide access to the necessary training to allow continual improvement.
- Communications – How do you talk about being a B Corp? Which channels and content mediums should you use to communicate effectively? We support you in developing a communications strategy and targeted and effective engagement campaigns.
- Recertification services – We support you to maintain continual improvement in line with your 3-year B Corp audit and any likely future changes.
B Corp Way
Anthesis is registered as a B Corp Way partner.
B Corp Way matches companies looking to improve their broader stakeholder impact with certified B Corp consultants across Europe who can provide bespoke support, grounded in B Corp methodology.
- Are you a medium to large sized company based in Europe and looking to start measuring and improving your impact?
- Does your organisation aspire to one day be B Corp certified?
- Are you already a B Corp and seeking to improve your impact?
- Are you an intrapreneur trying to affect change within a corporate environment?
- Do you need to transform your business model to firmly arrive in the impact economy?
If any of these apply to you, then view our Anthesis B Corp Way page or get in touch with one of our B Leaders.
We'd love to hear from you
Anthesis has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, South Africa, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Andorra, Finland, Colombia, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.